There is Carmel-by-the-Sea and then there is Carmel Point just across the city line to the south. Walking along Scenic Road at the ocean you wouldn't even know that you had gone from city to county except for the fact that houses now have an actual number. Yes, as I have written before, there are no numbers on houses in Carmel-by-the-Sea and the Post Office does not deliver mail. Quaint, right?
Anyway, Carmel Point is exceptionally desirable for one because of its exceptional view of the Pacific Ocean and, for some, Carmel Beach that stretches all the way to Pebble Beach.
One friend of mine used to live at Carmel Point and people kept knocking on his door asking if he wanted to sell his home. He finally decided to put a big price tag on it over market value and said "yes". The door knocking buyer never flinched and signed the contract that day. Today, about two years later, he has it on the market for resale at about a million dollars more. And without any of the upgrades he said he would do.
SO WHAT ARE PRICES TODAY AT CARMEL POINT?
1. $4.750 M - 4/4 on Bay View.
2. $3.995 M - 3/4 on Ocean View.
3. $3.495 M - 3/3 on Valley View.
4. $8.5 M - 3/3 right on Scenic across the street from the Ocean.
5. $6.995 - 4/3 - also right on Scenic across the street from the Ocean.
6. $15 M - 4/6 on Isabella. This is the most expensive house on the market. What makes it so special? For one, its lot size is a combined 8 lots with 32,000 sf. And the interior is 6,995 sq. Both very large by our standards.
IF I CAN HELP YOU FIND YOUR DREAM HOME ON CARMEL POINT, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL. MY OFFICE IS JUST DOWN THE STREET IN CARMEL-BY-THE-SEA.