HARRY'S TOP 5 REASONS TO HOST AN OPEN HOUSE
Here are 5 Reason to host an open house:
- Spirits - hosting an open house keeps you active in real estate and can lift spirits when in a slump.
- Relationship - kindle the relationship your building with your seller.
- Experience - you won't learn if you stay cooped up in your own home.
- Leads - generate buyers leads.
- Knowledge- spending time at the house will give you more knowledge about the property and enable to you better sell it over the phone, or in writing, through detailed description.
Here is a check list to use when conducting an open house:
- Clean and Photograph Home
- Advertise Open house the weekend before and weekend of
- Create a "home summery" sheet to hand out to those who come to your open house.
- Create a sign in form for prospective buyers. Idealy you want name, phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address.
- Lock up any and all valuables in the house.
- Request home owners to be away from home during open house.
- Bring blank purchase agreements.
- Bring a comp analysis to justify your sales price.
- Arrive at house 2 hours prior to open house.
- Locate a dollar store near home for any last minute supplies, cleaning items, candles, ect...
- Put up directional signs on major intersections and in the neighborhood.
- Create a follow up form to collect feed back from those who toured the home.