Whether you pay for lead generation, focus on building good organic search or both, the effectiveness of your efforts to get more real estate leads online depends on many factors.
Oftentimes, agents focus so much on the big things, they forget that getting found online by home buyers and sellers also requires paying attention to little things that are easy to overlook.
The good new is, some of these things are simple, quick actions that can help you attract more real estate leads online.
- Get a Google My Business profile - Real estate is a highly localized activity. Plus, the vast majority of home buyers and sellers start their search for an agent online. What's that mean? Well, if you want your business to show up looking professional and giving your prospects all the info they need to contact you, it's 10 minutes of your time well spent. Just head to https://www.google.com/business/ and sign up free, then fill out your business info and your customers will see something like this:
- Post regularly on social media - Twitter and Facebook are big for real estate. They help get your business noticed, look legitimate, share your expertise that helps leads decide to pick you and get better results in Google search. Just sign up for https://buffer.com/app and install their Chrome browser plugin, then link in your social media accounts. Now, every time you want to share and article or post (especially from your own site), just click the plugin to add another sharing link to your queue. It's easy to spend 30 minutes or an hour once per week and fill up your social media posts for a whole week. It's worth it. (HINT! Don't post home listings for sale. No one buys homes from social media. It's a medium best used to establish you as an expert in your area, real estate in general, local markets and other areas that help prospects decide you or your area is the right choice for them, so post quality, helpful stuff)
- Register on Yelp - With over 135 million monthly users, Yelp can make or break a local business. It takes only moments to get your business listed, then you can take advantage of myriad effects on your digital presence from search results to reviews that are much more powerful than Zillow or arguably even Google itself. Get listed, encourage clients, family, and friends to review you here before anywhere else.
- Monitor your website - What's the point of spending a lot or even a little on a website if it gets no traffic? Today, your website is a huge part of digital marketing. Just having one isn't enough. It has to perform. That means scoring well in, you guessed it, Google search. If your site doesn't, it's not worth whatever you're spending. Let HomePocket scan and analyze your site with our system that brings in data from half a dozen different analysis and indicator services. Just head over here and click "Get a Site Scan." We'll send you a free PDF that shows whether your site is doing anything for you or not. If not, we can fix it - and keep it fixed each and every month for only $99 a month. Small price to pay for peace of mind.
- Keep your site fresh - The overwhelming majority of agents who put up a website launch it, then forget about it. On today's web, the saying "content is king" should really be changed to "fresh content is king." Among a whole host of things you need to rank well in Google search that we won't dive into here, one of the best ways to lose the "bake off" all web visitors do subconsciously when trying to decide whether to hang around your site or not is to be, well, stale. Nevermind that most real estate sites look the same, but it's needless to say that sites that aren't kept up to date with things like current market reports, new commentary on the local area, info on new developments or communities or even contact info don't generate leads because visitors never stay around long enough to become one. Videos, interactivity and fresh, new content added monthly will give you a better chance to get visitors to choose your services. No one says you have to blog. In fact, blogs hurt more people than help in real estate because they're not kept up. Instead, focus on adding a simple piece of valuable info each month or updating info you already have out there.
More Resources For You
Why Yelp Matters for Your SEO - https://www.jm-seo.org/videos/yelp-seo/
How Important is Google My Business for Your Local Business - https://www.clickz.com/how-important-is-google-my-business-for-local-seo/105616/
5 Reasons Why Fresh Content is Essential for Your SEO - https://seositecheckup.com/articles/5-reasons-why-fresh-content-is-critical-for-your-website-and-seo
How to Easily Double Traffic to Your Site Using Social Media - https://blog.kissmetrics.com/double-your-social-media-traffic/