Just this morning - IT happened. I received an email from an agent letting me know that her home seller had decided to lower the listing price instead of stage the property. WHAT?!
Tell me how a home seller can lower the price of their property, in this case $30,000, instead of spending a thousand for staging?!
In my quandry of denial, here's what I've come up with ...
1) The house is priced too high.
2) They're using home staging as the scapegoat - instead of stage, lower price.
3) Seller doesn't fully understand the benefits of staging.
4) Seller doesn't want to spend the money.
5) Seller doesn't have the money to spend.
6) Seller doesn't understand our real estate market.
7) Seller doesn't understand the concept of competition.
8) Agent doesn't fully believe in staging, therefore, unable to recommend it.
9) Needed an excuse and this was the best they could come up with.
10) Received bids from other stagers and decided to go with someone else.
What other reasons/excuses have you heard? Let's chat about this. What do you think?