Going it alone in this world is a difficult thing to do for us as Real Estate professionals or anyone for that matter. We need a village? Well that really is true. A network or village we can rely on when there is too much to do on our own. Specialists are required in each field of our job to produce a happy client and a smooth close of escrow.
Even the Minions from "Despicable Me" know that by networking together more is accomplished
Think about the various aspects of your life and what is needed to do each day. We not only need a professional network most importantly our Creator through prayer and wisdom and our families that understand a missed appointment or dinner and support us through the day.
For me my network:
1. God for everything
2. Family for support
3. Realtors and Broker that I rely on for help when needed for coverage and contracts (and to take a vacation)
4. Escrow officers that pull it together for the closing
5. Mortgage brokers to prequalify and close the loan
6. Inspectors to make sure the buyer knows what they are buying
7. Handyman and Contractors to get fixes done as needed
8. Insurance Brokers for homeowners insurance...a must
9. Photographers to show off the best features of a listing
10. Friends and relationships for fun and also referrals
Knowing the best or appropriate people in each of these areas is critical. Knowing you can depend on them to perform is a great comfort to me and my clients.
How about number 11? The Active Rain community of profession real estate agents across the country where so much wisdom and good heartedness is out there for the sharing.
Without the key members in my network the job would not get done and frankly be not as much fun and as rewarding.