It’s About Time for a Meetup
For those who are not familiar with Active Rain Meetups, they are an informal opportunity to get together with AR members and future members from your area of the country.
Some are just a few people joining each other for lunch, dinner, or coffee. Some are more elaborate with a few speakers sharing business or blogging tips.
Anyone can host one of these meetups in your home, an office, or other local meeting place.
All that is required is the desire to host, the commitment to keep track of the attendees, send in the attendee report, and write a post about your meetup.
We are taking a long time getting started with the 2017 meetup season, but I will try to make up for it by allowing a longer window for each of the meetups this year.
Last year we had an aggressive meetup schedule with plenty of meetups but things were a bit hectic and the points were often slow in arriving. This year we hope to do a better job, and with some of the systems built in, it should work better.
Last year half the feedback indicated a desire for 4 or more meetups per year, while the other half wanted 3 or less.
It looks like our delayed start will guarantee less meetups this year. But the meetup seasons will be a bit longer.
Time to get out your calendars and plan to host or attend a meetup near you!
- August 15-Sept 15
- November 1-November 30th
And there will be generous points for hosts and attendees
- Hosts will earn 3500 per meetup (max 1 per season)
- Attendees will earn 1500 per meetup that you attend.
What does it take to host a meetup?
- Volunteer, pick a location, time and date (meals and drinks at restaurants are generally paid by each attendee)
- Send me the pertinent details via email AND in the comments below, at least a week before the meetup.
- Keep track of the attendees and fill in the spreadsheet with names and username urls at the end of each meetup season.
- Write a post with the details about your meetup, both before and after the meetup, and share them both at the bottom of this post and in the http://activerain.com/groups/ActiveRainMeetupNews group (please include plenty of photos, and videos).
Attendees, well your job is simpler, just show up, have fun and write a post about your meetup by the end of the meetup season and post it here and in the group.
I will post a Schedule of the upcoming meetups in early August and Mid October, check back in the meetup group to find this if you miss it elsewhere.
Bookmark and check back at the Active Rain Meetup News Group often for updates and to read the many meetup posts.