514 Thousand Acres Boreal Forest Beauty; Vilas County Wisconsin.
Vilas County, just north of Oneida County, is also in the heart of tourist country in Northeastern Wisconsin, and there is a reason why the tourists flock here. Superior beauty, ample wildlife, and great forestland.
It is a great place to raise timber and wildlife which is why you see so many smart people anxious to buy hunting land and timber land here.
Our clients at Woodland Management Service own a fair amount of forest land in this county and they are impressed with the bountiful wildlife and timber here.
Vilas County is home to 514 thousand acres of forest land, about half of which is private land with the remainder being state, county and USFS land.
Most of this forest land is High Quality White Pine, Red (Norway) Pine, Spruce and Fir with 200 thousand acres of these softwoods. Northern Hardwood (Maple, Basswood, Ash) also play an important role in this county with well over 100 thousand acres of this high quality timber type. Aspen and Birch forests are also plentiful here with just under 100 thousand acres which provide premium deer and turkey habitat as well as excellent timber.
These forests are great for producing income for our clients and great habitat for Deer, Turkeys, Bear, Wolves, Grouse, and more.
If you are interested in purchasing land in Vilas County or if you already own some and would like to learn more about how to improve this land, give me a call, our Foresters and Wildlife Specialists can help.
A few other articles to check out.
- Click here to learn more
What is a Forester & Why do I Need a Forester?
Buying and Selling Forest Land
- Top 10 List for Selling Your Forestland at a Premium Price.
- What Is My Tree Worth? Q&A#3
- Forestland Evaluations, dont Buy or Sell Forestland without one.
- FAQ - How important is Access When Selling Hunting and Recreational Land?
Managing the Forest
- Your Forest May Need a Little Help
- FAQ Is leaving my woodland alone best for Wildlife & Forest Health?
- FAQ How do I create a Wildlife Paradise on my Property?
- FAQ How do I Encourage More Wildlife on My Land?
- FAQ What is Hygrading and why is it so Bad??
- FAQ I Have Recently Purchased/Inherited Some Forest Land. What's Next?
- Need a Break on your Forestland Taxes?
- Why Should I Hire A Forester To Sell My Timber? Q&A#4
- Do I need to have a Clear Cut on my property? Q&A#3
- Spring and Summer Danger, Oak Wilt can kill your most valuable trees
- Hunters are Looking to Lease Your Forestland
Subscribe to CommentsComment