I had a call this week from a prospective buyer about one of my listings. After I answered a few questions I ask a few questions myself.
The caller seemed surprised by my questions. What were the questions I asked?
- Are you working with a real estate agent?
- What is your time line for purchasing?
- Do you need to sell another property before you purchase?
- What is your budget?
- Will you be paying cash or obtaining a mortgage?
- If you are getting a mortgage, have you been pre-approved?
- Are you familiar with the area?
The initial response to my questions was "Why do you need to know?"
Without getting into the specifics of each question let me say the home buying process has a specific order from the initial call to the handing over of the keys at the closing table.
Here are a few articles that may be helpful about buying a home in Florida:
- Cheat Sheet For Florida Home Buyers.
- Why Won't a Real Estate Agent Show Me Any House I Want to See?
- Buying a Home in Florida: Keys to a Successful Closing.
- Offer, Counter-Offer, Negotiate, Closing: Keys to Buying Your Florida Home.
- How to Start Your Florida Home Search.
Ready to buy a home in Melbourne, Florida? Call or text me at 321-693-3850 if I can help!