Austin has been in the news a lot in the last 10 years because of the explosion in our population and job creation. Recently while participating in the Platinum Top 50 Roundtable discussion on Austin and what’s going on around the country we learned some interesting facts about Austin according to the Austin Chamber of Commerce:
- The number of jobs created since 2004 is 356,200.
- From June 2016 to June 2017 Austin added 28,000 net new jobs making Austin #17 fastest growing major Metro.
- Opportunity Austin is a five year, five county economic development initiative aimed at fostering job-creating investment in Central Texas.
- The decade ending 2015 saw a 37.7% increase in population. Austin ranked first among the 50 largest U.S. metros based on net migration as a percent of total population in 2015. In addition 6.4% of Austin residents in 2015 lived elsewhere one year later. That is the fourth largest rate among the top 50 U.S. metros.
- The National Association of Home Builders estimates that 58.4% of homes sold in Austin are affordable to households earning Austin’s median family income-close to the 63% national affordability rate.
- In 2016 these Austin based employers announced they will each create 500 or more jobs: Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Home Depot and Superior Heath Care.
Austin is a rising star in Texas mainly because of the quality of life, affordably and plentiful job offerings. According to Wallet Hub’s “Best Places to start a Career” Austin is cruising in the #3 position!
I live work and play in NW Austin. If you are considering a move to Austin I can help or, if you're thinking of selling your NW Austin home, let’s talk! As with everything in life, preparation is the key and I will equip you with what you'll need to get you, as seamlessly as possible, through the home-selling or buying process. Contact me at 512-346-1799 or firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get started!