It feels sooo good to be right!
It's a little bit happy mixed with smugness and a lofty feeling of superiority. And there are so many opportunities to be RIGHT-
- The waiter/waitress screws up your order-Travesty! How dare they! Do they not know who I am! Are they really that stupid?
- Daughter finally breaks up with the nightmare boyfriend-You should have listened to my advice long ago! I saw him for who he really was, if only you could have listened to me back then!
- Husband procastinates...again-If you had started working on this project weeks ago, when I told you, you wouldn't be up all night trying to get it done on time!
- Client gets burned by their lender - I told you not to go with an online lender/lender from out of the area! Now you're upset because they won't answer your phone calls and we may need to reschedule settlement or worse!
- Home buyer loses in a competitive contract situation - You should have listened to my advice regarding (fill in the blank) and you probably would have the house. After all, I am the real estate professional!
Do you get the idea?
Do you see yourself in any of these situations?
When you have the opportunity to be right, take a breath. That moment before you respond is critical. It's a potential turning point.
You see, being right means that someone else has had a turn of bad luck. Things didn't work out the way they planned and now they're dealing with the fallout.
Are you going to offer help and support? Or are you going to say, "I told you so!"
In this moment, you have an opportunity to gain someones trust. You have a chance to show them that you will share your expertise and experience in order to help them achieve their desired results or goal.
No one has to lose, just because you are right.
Learn more about Victoria & Marshall Henderson at HomesBuyHendersons
Learn more about Buyer's Edge