Dumfries VA homes are located in eastern Prince William County just north of Marine Corps Base Quantico. It is one of the most convenient , affordable residential locations in Northern Virginia because
- real estate taxes in Prince William County are lower than communities to the north
- two commuter rail stations are convenient to all Dumfries VA homes
- commuter parking lots with direct entrances to I-95 enable commuters to board buses and commute via the HOV lanes to the Pentagon and Washington, DC
- carpools form at the same commuter parking lots
Prior to the 1960's the county was primarily agricultural which
- facilitated suburban planning with well laid out streets and underground utilities
- 4 lane roads that move traffic quickly north, south, east and west
- allowed planners to set aside land for a wide variety of recreational activities as well as preserving major historical sites
There is a Town Of Dumfries in Prince William County. Incorporated on May 11, 1749 it is the oldest town in the Commonwealth of Virginia and was a major tobacco seaport in colonial America. It is 1.6 miles square with about 5,000 residents. A significant amount of residential land around the town is named Dumfries. but is not an incorporated city even though it has a population in excess of over 40,000 people.
In Virginia, unincorporated areas are governed by the county of residence - in our case it is prince William County which provides police,fire, schools, libraries, parks, water, sewer and any other service normally provided by an incorporated city or town. Each magisterial district in the county elects a member to the County Board of Supervisors
Median Sold Prices
The Kruschkas are long term Prince William County residents with more than 30 years experience as real estate professionals serving Woodbridge, Manassas, Dumfries, Manassas Park, Bristow, Brentsville, Gainesville and Haymarket
Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS
If you plan to buy or sell a Dumfries, Prince William County home or property contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-499-9279. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.