Today is National Dog Day. I know when I was a kid, we did not have dogs until I was in elementary school (a long time ago). My sister and I really wanted a dog and our parents finally relented, along with some rules. The dog arrived, then another and the rules just kind of went away on their own. Since then, I have had a dog except for grad school and my five-year Fortune 100 corporate career.
Here are our current mutts, all of them rescue dogs.
- Jessa is our tiny, but does not know better, feisty Miniature Pinscher and my wife's little Princess
- Jax, our New Foundland, who is camera shy. Not sure how we were able to get this picture
- Chance is an Australian Shepard (Chance is short for Tinkers to Evers to Chance, the Chicago Cubs Hall of Fame double play combination)
- Tucker is a Red Heeler (Austrailian Cattle Dog) who is very vocal and protective.
- We also have a Norwegian Forest Cat, Cashew, who goes on hikes with the dogs and runs to me when I'm calling for the dogs. Guess that makes him an honorary canine today.