The Lebanon Ohio real estate market is MUCH stronger than typical this time of year. In fact, August had the largest quantity of sales in 2017! Homes are holding price, selling quickly and not for large discounts. Stick with us for the full details!
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Lebanon Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Lebanon Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system. If any Lebanon single family homes homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report. All data is for the Lebanon School District area, so is not limited solely to Lebanon city limits.
Some reasons why Lebanon Ohio is a great place to live:
- Named one of Ohio magazine's Top 5 Hometowns for 2012
- HUGE YMCA
- Ready access to Cincinnati and Dayton
- A cool historic downtown area
- Host to an abundance of festivals throughout the year
- The cost of living in Lebanon is more affordable than some other Warren County communities
- A full range of housing price points, from below 100k to some estate homes under a million dollars.
- There is still new construction available, but you can pick any age from historic to brand new.
Countryside, a pool community of Lebanon Ohio
So on to the review, first up, completed sales!
Next is the Lebanon median price summary chart.
Lebanon 45036 Single Family Home Category Data Summary
Homes Sold: 60 (1 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 6 New Construction) UP 16
Average Price: $254,430 UP $2k
Median Price: $246,575 UP $9k
Days on Market Average: 28 DOWN 11 (Median 10 days)
Homes Active 9/7/17: 113 DOWN 8
Homes Pending 9/7/17: 72 DOWN 8
Sales/List %: 98.4% DOWN .5%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $500,000
Least Expensive Home Sold: $67,250
So what are the key takeaways from this month's numbers?
- Sales were the highest for any single month in 2017 and the 3rd highest overall month since January 2010!
- The average price was almost flat, and median price increased. Check out the median price trend and you'll see August continues a trend of 2017 prices topping 2010-2016 prices. Only January 2017 wasn't better than all the prior years charted.
- Only 1 home sold below $100,000. 19 homes sold for more than $300,000.
- Of the 113 homes for sale, 27 are new construction.
- With 72 homes under contract, expect September to also be a good month for completed sales.
- Median time to go under contract is 1 1/2 weeks!
- Distressed properties continue to be almost nonexistent. Only one of the 60 sales was a foreclosure, and of the 113 homes on market none is bank owned or short sales.
So what does this mean to you as a Lebanon single family home owner?
No change from past months. If a buyer MUST buy, the relatively low inventory works to your advantage. That doesn't mean a home that is in poor condition or not priced right will still sell.
Give us a call and we can meet and determine what is best for your personal circumstances.
You're not going up against significant new construction in MOST communities, but places like Shaker Run and Trails of Shaker Run new construction do challenge your ability to sell.
And if you're not quite ready to enter the market, it's the PERFECT time to meet with us and get your To Do list ready to have your home optimally ready for when you ARE ready to sell your home!
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Lebanon home buyer?
No change here either. Watch for new homes for sale that fit your needs, but you STILL need to ACT quickly.
The selection of foreclosed/short sale homes is minimal to nonexistent, so don't count on finding one to buy, much less one in good condition.
When you're considering buying a Lebanon home, please contact us 513-520-5305 or Liz@LizSpear.com with your needs and we'll help you find the right community for you! You can use the links below to review Cincinnati MLS homes listed in Lebanon for each of three price bands.
Search Lebanon Ohio 45036 Homes For Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Lebanon's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports: