Well, the weatherman says that the sun is coming...it's still a bit gray over here on Pender, but it's definitely warmer than yesterday. Yesterday, we actually had a fire in our woodstove. A fire in May! That's the first time I've been able to say that in the five years since we moved here.
Hardly a big deal given the weather related events in other parts of the world, but my wife is getting a bit impatient for the warmer weather -- she has tomatoes and sunflowers bursting out of their seedling pots and ready to go into the garden. Get it together weather!
We have been promised a hot sunny weekend, along with the rest of southern BC, though, so you may want to gather the family together for a weekend of springtime camping here on Pender. As always, there's lots of stuff to do. Walks in the woods, a paddle on the lake or coastline, and of course, events planned by our very active community groups. There's something for everyone.
Thursday, May 15:
- 7:30pm - Film Night at the Hall presents December Boys - Four orphan boys who have grown to be the closest of friends find themselves competing for the attention of the same family. (Australian)
Friday, May 16:
- Long weekend ferry schedule in effect. Please check BC Ferries website for details.
- 7:00pm - Co-ed Music Night at the Community Hall
Saturday, May 17:
- 9:30am - Farmer's Market at the Community Hall until 1:00
- 10:00am - Beach Clean-up Day. Meet at the Driftwood Centre. Meet up again at 12:00pm for wind-up party with music and a roundtable discussion: Local Solutions to Climate Change (previously planned for Earth Day weekend, but cancelled due to bad weather)
Sunday, May 18:
- 12:00pm - Silk Road Firbre Studio Tour & Sale - Tour 4 studios in Magic Lake Estates (watch for the red balloons). Knitting, quilting, embroidery, wearable art. One of a kind items from 7 creative women.
For more about Pender Island real estate, visit Howard Sanders online @ www.HomesOnPender.com
- Email: Howard@HomesOnPender.com
- Cell: (250) 222-HOME (4663)
- Toll-free: (866) 629-3166
Howard on Pender