Lafayette La Real Estate Advice-- How To Write A Winning Offer
Getting ready to purchase your next home in Lafayette, La? Or perhaps it is time to downsize, but your last real estate deal closed during the Reagan years. Either way, it is important to understand what is happening currently in the Lafayette Louisiana real estate market. Based on my years of experience as a Louisiana real estate broker, here is my advice for writing a strong bid.
- Have your financing secured prior to writing an offer--Years ago, sellers where more open to giving buyers time after the offer to get loan pre-approval. In our digital age, a buyer not willing to invest 15-20 minutes on the phone with a lender is a MAJOR red flag. Also, there could be more than one bid. in a competitive environment, do you want to be the buyer without loan approval?
- Base your offer on what has SOLD, not by what is for sale-- This is where knowledge of the Lafayette La real estate market is key. What works in Peoria may be irrelevant in Acadiana.
- Don't go overboard with seller concessions-- Again, this is where an understanding of what the market will tolerate is important. If homes in "XYZ Subdivision" usually see 3% in closing assistance your offer of 6% in closing assistance might not work. On the other hand it might. Market knowledge is key.
- Focus on one home at a time-- In some markets people will write offers on multiple homes just to see what sticks. In Louisiana this is frowned upon.
- Beware Of "friendly" advice-- Yes Uncle Earl means well, but he hasn't bought a home since the Apollo space program. People from all walks of life will give advice, but trust your local professional.
Ready to explore homes for sale in Lafayette, La? Reach out to us at Lafayette Real Estate to see what the local market has to offer. Why spend time surfing the entire internet when ALL the homes are here?