45 Fun Things To Do When You're in Park City, UT!
4. Mountain Bike the Mid-Mountain Trail to Historic Old Town Park City (7 miles). Great trail! 8 minutes away. Half-day activity.
5. Take mountain Bikes up the Park City Resort lift and mountain bike down the trails off of the mountain. 25 minutes away. Half-day activity.
7. Drive to Timpanogos National Park near Salt Lake (takes about an hour to get there) and hike to the Cave. Beautiful hike. Takes about 3 hours to hike up, tour the cave and hike back down. We loved it. Then return to Park City by way of the “Alpine Loop” - one of Utah’s most beautiful drives.
Stop at Sundance Ski Resort for lunch or dinner at the Grill and sit on the patio by the stream. Or have dinner in the Tree Room. About 60 minutes away. In all, it takes a good chunk of the day.
8. Visit Salt Lake City – see the sites, restaurants, events etc.
9. Take half a day and go to Boondocks Family Fun Center in Draper. Clean, fun, good food. Arcades, go-carts, goofy golf, bumper boats. We prefer to drive a bit further to Boondocks in Kaysville. They have great bowling lanes there. Draper is 45 minutes from here. Kaysville is 50 minutes from here. 3 to 4-hour activity.
10. For big time entertainment go to Lagoon in Salt Lake. Fun roller coasters and attractions. It ain’t Six Flags but it is still super fun. 50 minutes away. Half-day activity but some stay ALL day.
11. Hogle Zoo. Great Zoo. Animals are visible. Really entertaining bird show. 40 minutes away. Half-day activity.
12. White Pine Adventures. Horseback ride in the summer or snowmobile in the winter. Located just before the Guard Gate at our entrance (8 min away). Takes about 3 – 4 hours.
13. Tanger Outlet Mall. Great shopping and great brands. Right in Kimball Junction. 25 minutes away.
14. City Creek Mall in Salt Lake. Brand-new and a great mall. 45 minutes away.
16. Walk the Historic Old Town Park City.Great galleries, fun shopping and about a zillion great restaurants (some expensive, some not so expensive). Spend a couple of half days doing this. For family fare, we like Bandits Grill on Main Street, Cicero’s Italian on Main Street, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory on Main Street, or the place we go the most is Red Rock Café in Kimball Junction at Redstone Plaza. My kids love Szechwan’s Chinese in Kimball Junction and the Café Rio right there as well. Ghidotti’s is also great. It’s also in Redstone Plaza.
18. Olympic Park. Watch the free-style skiers practice and land in a pool. You can also watch the ski jumpers practice. But the best part is you can ride the actual Olympic Bobsled Course. Super fast, super fun, and it pulls G’s like crazy! Half-day activity. 17 minutes away.
19. Go Ice Skating at the National Ability Center in Park City. Call ahead to find out when the “public skate” is. 2-hour activity. 17 minutes away.
20. Golf at the Park City Municipal Course. Beautiful course. They can rent you everything you need. Fun to play there. 3 to 4-hour activity. 25 minutes away. Try one of these top golf courses in the country: Glenwild Golf Course , Tuhaye Golf Course or Red Ledges.
21. Tour Temple Square in Salt Lake. It is the reason the City exists. Fascinating history and architecture. Half-day activity. 40 minutes away.
22. Midway Swiss Days is always a treat (35 minutes away).
24. Board or Ski the 4600 acres of The Canyons Resort right from the back door of Daydream Lodge- right back to the back door of Daydream Lodge– and into the custom rock waterfall Jacuzzi, sauna or steam shower or sit by the fire and drink hot chocolate. Dry your boots and gloves on the auto dryers and do it all again the next day!
25. Assisted Tubing down Gorgoza Park in Parleys Canyon- the mountain made for tubing (just 20 minutes away). Tube down & ride the conveyor belt back up to do it again – just for fun!
26.Watch International ski-jumping– moguls racing, aerials, ½ pipe snowboarding events or bob-sled racing within feet of the world class athletes.
27. Board or Ski on 4600 acres of mountain trails, moguls or several terrain parks and natural ½ pipes all within The Canyons Resort. In addition, Park City Resort and Deer Valley Resort are all minutes away. You can board and ski in The Colony, or Park City Resort or ski only at Deer Valley Resort.
28. You are minutes away from other world-class ski resorts in Utah (best snow on earth). Snow Basin and Powder Mountain are about 45 minutes north toward Ogden, Alta, Solitude, Snobird and Brighten are about 45 min west and south in Little Cotton Wood Canyon on the south side of Salt Lake City. Snowbird. Sundance are also w/in 30-40 minutes of Daydream Lodge. Go to for more information about all of Utah’s ski resorts.
29. Ice Skate or learn to Speed Skate with athletes like Apollo Ono.
30. Rub shoulders with Olympians like Shaun White and celebrities from around the world.
31. Watch Fireworks from our own advantage point on the point of Phase 3 lookout.
35. Skateboard in the Concrete Skate Park in Down Town Park City at the City Park.
36. Bus Service from Airport to Park City is only $5. Check out Park City Transportation for all options.
38. Four Wheeling or Snowmobiling in Wolf Creek. Hundreds of miles of marked trails for all levels of enjoyment. 50 minutes from Cloud's Rest.
40. White Water River Rafting at the Green River.
43. Plan ahead to attend Park City’s famous Sundance Film Festival.
45. Catch drag racing also at Rocky Mountain Raceway (RMR).
If you have any topics or questions you would like answered, contact The Shanna Day Dream Home Team – we’ll find the answers for you!
Shanna Day Dream Home Team
Keller Williams Salt Lake City
480-415-7616 / 801-251-6416