Considering selling your Trinity home?
You may be thinking of putting your Trinity home up for sale. Maybe your family is getting bigger and you need to upgrade the kitchen. Or perhaps you’ve had too much HGTV, and you are thinking about updating your kitchen.
Updates and remodeling are fun, challenging, tiring and stressful. They are also costly.
Money is always an issue when it comes to home remodeling projects, but if your kitchen is in need of updating, there are several things you can do to improve your kitchen’s aesthetics without going over your budget.
Top tips on updating the kitchen
1. Refinish the cabinets. A little paint goes a long way. One of the easiest ways to update the house is by refinishing it.
Getting it refinished professionally will set you back around $1000. If you love DIY and have the time for it, you can just buy the supplies which will cost you around $200 - $300. f your cabinets look scratched, sand them, prime and paint them, and you’ll have great looking cabinets in no time.
2. Change the hardware. Replace all the knobs and handles of your cabinets. Consider the hardware as your kitchen’s accessories. You want to update them to make buyer like how your kitchen looks.
3. Get new lighting fixtures. Your kitchen’s light sets the mood. You probably don’t notice it, but if you’ve been using a light fixture for several years, it’s not as bright as it was before. Getting new lighting fixtures will not only brighten the kitchen space, it also helps enhance the room’s appeal.
4. Consider tiling the backsplash. Though not necessary, the backsplash saves your wall from the grease, oil and splatter cooking produces. It also adds beauty to the kitchen. To tile the backsplash, you can either get a handyman to do it for you, or you can do it yourself.
Backsplash, in general, can be pricey, but shop around and you’ll find less expensive ones that will add color and creativity to your kitchen.
5. Swap your countertop. Granite and quartz countertop are in right now, but if you don’t have the budget for that, you have other options like laminate or ceramic countertops. Not only are these materials cheaper, they are also easy to install, easy to clean, heat and scratch resistance and durable.
6. Create more space. Would you like a more spacious kitchen for entertaining?
One way to update your kitchen and create an open, more modern look and easy flow is to knock down the wall between the kitchen and the adjoining room. In some homes, doing this may damage the structural strength of the house, so consider a “pass through” instead. It is also a lot more affordable.
This project requires a certain skill, so make sure you hire the right person for this.
The kitchen is the heart of the home. You want your Trinity home kitchen to not just be functional but also warm and welcoming. Doing these updates will make your kitchen more bright, modern and spacious.
For more home selling tips, visit http://HomesForSaleInTrinityFl.com/blog/.
Call me, Victoria Legrow, at (813) 679 7437. As one of top Trinity REALTORS®, I can help you manage things easier by answering your concerns and taking care of real estate related problems. Together, we can successfully sell your home.
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view How Can I Update My Kitchen on a Budget? on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=Zrmr5DfNpUk