Reliability..on self or others?

By
Real Estate Agent with Beachfront Realty 3220434

I have always been more of a trust my own instincts kind of person. In my personal decisions and in business I like to rely on my own judgement. I will ask others for their opinions on occasion but it all comes down to my own gut feeling. I trust myself, know myself and have a good history with myself.

Some folks need to have affirmation on everything from outside of their "self". How many times have you heard "the weather report says rain today" and it never does. Today's Miami weather report is what made me think to write this post. Current conditions are "partly cloudy", I know that what that really means is mostly sunny. I prefer mostly sunny, maybe its a mental visualization but with mostly sunny I can do anything and not worry. Take the top off my jeep, go to the beach, show property but partly cloudy will make me pause and maybe contemplate what to do.

The photo below was taken this morning just after I read partly cloudy conditions. Point of this post is do you rely on self or what you hear from others?

Posted by

It's a Fabulous day in Florida and now is a great time to buy or sell.....

Don't make a MOVE without Marco!

Over 25 years serving the South Florida area

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Just for Fun
Location:
Florida Miami-Dade County Miami
Groups:
Active Rain Block Party
Addicted to Active Rain
Bananatude
Bartender, Make it a Double
Old Farts Club

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainmaker
846,120
Marco Giancola
Beachfront Realty - Miami Beach, FL
Realtor (305)608-1922, Miami Beach Florida

Thanks James Dray 

Hey Kat Palmiotti it's always great to count on yourself!

Oct 18, 2017 05:12 AM #29
Rainmaker
538,790
Hella M. Rothwell, Broker/Realtor®
Carmel by the Sea, CA
Rothwell Realty Inc. CA#01968433 Carmel-by-the-Sea

Yes, step outside and confirm yourself what kind of day it is. And that's the best way to run my real estate business as well. I might get "verification" from a legal source or someone more experienced on how to proceed with a transaction I've never done before, but that's it.

Oct 18, 2017 06:09 AM #30
Rainmaker
401,623
John Wiley
Fort Myers, FL
Lee County, FL, ECO Broker, GRI, SRES,GREEN,PSA

I think it is a wise person who will allow others to go over plans and strategies and question them. Since we are all subject to error, it is good to have others point out possible improvements.

Oct 18, 2017 06:21 AM #31
Rainmaker
2,545,784
Richie Alan Naggar
people first...then business Ran Right Realty - Riverside, CA
agent & author

This reminds me of the story of the five blind men who all felt different parts of an elephant and stated their description of what an elephant was like. They were all correct as far as they could be. Those that were not blind said different. What do we conclude? Experience is and remains personal

Oct 18, 2017 06:25 AM #32
Rainmaker
1,539,702
Gary L. Waters Broker Associate, Bucci Realty
Bucci Realty, Inc. - Melbourne, FL
Fifteen Years Experience in Brevard County

When you look in the mirror you do not see others.  Evaluate what you hear on the outside and place greater weight on what you hear from the inside.

Oct 18, 2017 07:05 AM #33
Rainmaker
2,880,936
Brian England
Arizona Focus Realty - Gilbert, AZ
MBA, GRI, REALTOR® Real Estate in East Valley AZ

I trust myself and my competence as well.  Luckily, my clients also trust me with knowing what is best for them in a real estate transaction!

Oct 18, 2017 09:07 AM #34
Rainer
367,927
Raymond Denton
Homesmart / Evergreen Realty - Irvine, CA
Veteran Friendly Realtor®

The photograph made me chuckle, Marco ... it's definately partly cloudy.

Oct 18, 2017 09:14 AM #35
Rainmaker
1,268,093
Gene Mundt, IL/WI Mortgage Originator - FHA/VA/Conv/Jumbo/Portfolio/Refi
NMLS #216987, IL Lic. 031.0006220, WI Licensed. APMC NMLS #175656 - New Lenox, IL
708.921.6331 - 40+ yrs experience

I take into consideration what others say, but compare it to what I KNOW, Marco Giancola.  Never hurts to get additional and alternate opinions and views.  I gain from them.  But the bottomline and decision is always mine ...

Gene

Oct 18, 2017 10:17 AM #36
Rainmaker
1,009,101
Jan Green
Value Added Service, 602-620-2699 - Scottsdale, AZ
HomeSmart Elite Group, REALTOR®, EcoBroker, GREEN

A cimple concept with many implications!  It's very important to research and know the news you hear, weather related or not!

Oct 18, 2017 11:33 AM #37
Rainmaker
467,431
Michael Eisenberg
eXp Realty - Bellingham, WA
Bellingham Real Estate Guy

Looks like you're a glass half full kind of guy, that is self-reliant. Kudos to you, and leave the umbrella at home.

Oct 18, 2017 06:14 PM #38
Rainmaker
5,772,252
Roy Kelley
Realty Group Referrals - Gaithersburg, MD

Congratulations on your feature recognition.

I prefer the mostly sunny perspective.

Oct 19, 2017 05:01 AM #39
Rainmaker
3,620,060
Michael Jacobs
Pasadena, CA
Los Angeles Pasadena 818.516.4393

Hi Marco -- ahh, it's that perspective thing again, isn't it?   A positive outlook will bring the best results possible.   

Oct 19, 2017 05:11 AM #40
Rainmaker
3,332,139
Lawrence "Larry" & Sheila Agranoff. Cell: 631-805-4400
The Top Team @ Charles Rutenberg Realty 255 Executive Dr, Plainview NY 11803 - Plainview, NY
Long Island Home and Condo Specialists

Yes, I always trust my "gut" feeling. It may not be easy to explain, but you when to go with your own reliability and not what others may say!

Oct 19, 2017 06:39 AM #41
Rainmaker
1,887,729
Lottie Kendall
Compass - San Francisco, CA
Helping make your real estate dreams a reality

Hi Marco - I'm with you - weather forecast might be "20% chance of rain" but I'll think "80% chance of no rain." 

 

Oct 19, 2017 11:20 AM #42
Rainer
126,550
Stavrula "Sam" Crafa, RNC,GRI, CDPE, PSA
Future Home Realty - Seminole, FL
Providing the integrity and service you deserve.

Relay on yourself, yes. But sometimes you must relay on someone else to tell you what you need to know to make informed decisions. Because guess what? We aren't always right either. 

Oct 19, 2017 08:11 PM #43
Rainmaker
2,731,489
Debbie Gartner
The Flooring Girl - White Plains, NY
The Flooring Girl & Blog Stylist -Dynamo Marketers

Excellent points, Marco. Sometimes, it's all about framing.  Other times, it's how we let others frame things for us and whether we internalize that or go w/ what we believe.

Oct 20, 2017 05:42 AM #44
Ambassador
1,725,150
Jon Zolsky, Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Condo Realty, 386-405-4408 - Daytona Beach, FL
Buy Daytona condos for heavenly good prices

In Florida it may be tricky. I remember the time when I was a limo driver in Orlando. I was taking guests to the airport, and suddnely there was an announcement to increase distance, lower speed... I asked the dispatcher why, and he answered that it was because of a pouring rain...

What rain?

And in couple of minutes I drove into the wall of water, and there was no visibility... Terrible, but the road was turning and I got out of the rain... and then another turn and I was there again, and several times this way.

Oct 20, 2017 04:12 PM #45
Ambassador
4,165,799
Kathy Streib
Room Service Home Staging - Delray Beach, FL
Home Stager - Palm Beach County,FL -561-914-6224

Marco- shame on me. I have seen your well-deserved feature post but set it aside to read when I had more time. Your post is exceptional and you make an excellent point.  We have to learn to rely on what we know...on our gut!

Oct 21, 2017 11:54 AM #46
Rainmaker
846,120
Marco Giancola
Beachfront Realty - Miami Beach, FL
Realtor (305)608-1922, Miami Beach Florida

Hey Kathy Streib thanks for your kind words and taking the time to comment. Have a great Sunday!

Oct 22, 2017 04:19 AM #47
Rainmaker
1,602,787
Marte Cliff
Marte Cliff Copywriting - Priest River, ID
Your real estate writer

That's a pretty small "partly," but true enough I guess.

I do know a lot of people who look to others for advice/affirmation all the time. In fact, once upon a time, I was one of them. Thank goodness I got over it!

Oct 23, 2017 09:32 AM #48
Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
846,120

Marco Giancola

Realtor (305)608-1922, Miami Beach Florida
Contact me for a free market report of your homes value.
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information