Advice For Selling Your Home In Lafayette La
Getting ready to put your home in Lafayette La on the market? If so, there are somethings you can do to get as much value from the property as possible.
- Pay attention to curb appeal-- Lafayette La home buyers will often find your home online, then drive by. If the lawn is a mess, your home could get scratched off the list before they even call to ask their agent about it.
- Fix what is broke, replace what is missing--To earn top dollar on your home, we need to make the property attractive to as many buyers as possible. A large percent of Lafayette La home buyers will use a FHA loan for their purchase. This loan (and similar products) dictate that the house meet minimum standards.
- Downsize your stuff-- buyers need to be able to visualize themselves in the home. This is hard to do with rooms packed with furniture or a bunch of family pictures on the wall. Think about what you will ABSOLUTELY need the next 90 days. Put everything else in storage.
- Disclose all known defects-- Most homes have blemishes. Failing to disclosure major issues can be terminal to the transaction. Most buyers are savvy enough to know that an owner is aware of a leaky roof.
- Don't be a showing diva--For the home to sell people need to tour it. Be as accommodating as possible with showing request. Lafayette La home buyers should be reasonable, but with advanced notice try to allow showings.
Ready to move on to Life's next adventure? Need a top real estate broker to guide you through the process? Call Doug Rogers (318) 613-1994 for a free CMA on your Lafayette LA home. Want to see what similar homes are going for? Go to Lafayette La Homes For Sale to explore the local MLS.
A Closer Look At The Lafayette La Real Estate Market