Affordable Homes For Sale Near UL- Lafayette La Real Estate
Is your career bringing you to UL-Lafayette in the near future? Or perhaps now is the time to pursue the degree to take your life to the next level? Either way, local housing market knowledge is key to making a wise decision. Let's take a look at how purchasing a home near UL-Lafayette can be a smart financial move.
Why Purchase A Home In Lafayette Louisiana
- Plenty of inventory--As of Mid October 2017, there were 128 homes for sale in Lafayette La from 75k-150k.
- Affordable options-- why pay a landlord when you can own a home? Thanks to low interest rates, owning a home in Lafayette, La may be cheaper than renting a similar unit. Students at UL will often have roommates to cover part/all of the monthly mortgage payment. Good luck doing that in the dorm!
- More freedom than leasing--Want to paint a room? Go for it! Why ask let the landlord's taste dictate your living environment?
Great Mortgage Options In Lafayette La
- 100% Rural Development Loans-- Why let a down-payment stand between you and home ownership? There are income and geographic restrictions, feel free to reach out for more information.
- FHA Home Loans-- With approved credit, the FHA loan product only requires 3.5% down. The best part? No geographic restrictions!
- VA Home Loans-- Veterans (and current members of the armed forces) can use a VA loan to purchase a home in Lafayette La. Speak with a local lender or mortgage broker early in the process because the borrow will have to provide an eligibility letter.
- Bond Money-- Occasionally local banks will offer bond money to help borrows with their down-payment. There are strict income guidelines, call for more information.
Think your time in Lafayette will be 2 years or less? Then renting is probably the better call. Feel like your tenure in Lafayette will be longer? Then now is a great time to buy. Call Doug Rogers (318) 613-1994 today for your private consultation. Want to explore homes for sale in Lafayette from the comfort of the sofa? Go to Lafayette La Real Estate to see homes listed for sale in Greater Lafayette La.