Everyone wants to live in their dream home, but financially that may not always be case. If you’re in the market for inexpensive ways to make your home more elegant, then you have found the right place!
1. Crown Molding Because details matter! Crown molding can easily take your space and transform it into a elegant dream. Whether on the ceiling or baseboards, the effect of crown molding will be felt throughout the home. Crown molding can be very inexpensive, especially the plastic models that are even paintable for more customization.
2. Paint Paint is a simple trick with powerful results. When painting a space, you have two options: bold and dramatic or soft and understated. Whichever pallet you choose depends on your style and personality. You may choose to paint your kitchen royal blue or even go for a diluted green. A great way to utilize paint is to paint a door and tie in other pieces that match the new color. A new trend is painting doors black!
3. Pillows Pillows can make your furniture look plush! Nothing screams elegance like a couch full of pillows. To achieve this, you can repurpose old pillows laying around the house or even look at second hand stores and discount retailers if you would like to purchase new ones.
4. Lighting The light fixtures in your home can make or break the design scheme. Most times, contractors use the same, universal fixtures in every home they build. To add elegance, try to find a nice hanging fixture that matches your personality.
5. Wall Decor An easy way to add elegance is to make sure your walls are not bare. Accessorize with clocks and other wall decor items. Maybe even try executing a gallery wall!
6. Clean A clean house is the epitome of elegance and doesn’t cost a thing! A space free of clutter and junk is a space full of elegance!