Private Lush 1.94 Acres, Custom Hm 1 Mile From TownZoned R1-10 Urban Holding
3700 SE Stiles Rd.Washougal, WA 98671
I don't often have the opportunity to have a seller write part of my blog but this home is so unqiue I thought you'd enjoy the special features about it:
Back in 1997 my family purchased this amazing home in Washougal, and when we listed it for sale, I started to count in my head all the things that are special about it the the new buyers might enjoy:
1. For twenty years we’ve had a leaning apple tree. That’s right, it grew up stubborn, refusing to grow any other way. It provides so many apples each year that in late summer, there were many calls from friends vying to be the first to get a bucketful of these sweet apples.
2. There is often a group of deer leisurely meandering around our property. They sleep in the orchard every night, cleaning up leftover apples, then send us off in the morning with their curious eyes as we head for work.
3. One of the unexplained things a new buyer might enjoy? If it snows, the vent on the roof of the house melts a snowy giant heart print on the roof. It's a welcome sight upon arriving home.
4. There is also an area, that is similar to a small rock quarry where you can pick up rocks, break them open, and there is sparkling quartz inside.
5. It's so quiet in this neighborhood-it's the kind of quiet after new fallen snow. Peaceful.
6. There are many families of Eagles, Osprey and Steller Jays that frequent this area.
7. With the neighbors being at a distance, the privacy is nice. Pizza delivery guys always comment that they didn’t even know the driveway was there.
8. During the winter you can sit in the window at night, and watch the twinkling lights of Portland.
9. There's plenty of room for visitors and big parties. This big house has always been a magnet for growing teenagers, all gangling legs and appetites.
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT THIS CUSTOM HOME:
When you first walk in the door, you will enjoy the impressive grand living room with soaring windows and lots of sunshine. In winter there's a toasty woodstove that really makes a difference on rainy days. There are custom built-ins and shelving for all your treasures and books. There's a white staircase that leads up to the huge bonus room and 4th bedroom. The kitchen is a large cooking-friendly space with views out each window of the brand new entertainment deck. The master on the main has a sliding glass door where you can step out for morning coffee. From there on the deck you will also enjoy spectacular sunsets.
Beautiful custom home on private and secluded acreage. This home is built strong and also has first class extras such as Earthquake Anchors support foundation, Richart Builders Weatherization
The property is private, secluded and large enough for parties of volleyball or croquet. There are fruit trees and several areas of walking paths. If you need to run to the grocery store it is only one mile away. Highway 14 entrance is right there along with one of the cutest downtown areas you'll ever see. Washougal Downtown is cute, homey and welcoming.
HERES WHAT THE ACTUAL RMLS SAYS ABOUT THE PROPERTY:
Located approx 1 mile from town, 1.94 acres of lush park-like privacy..Beautiful custom home, 2340 sq ft, 4 bdrms, 2 baths, grand entry living room w/vaulted ceilings & built-ins & tall windows,large bonus room. Unfinished 254 sqft outbuilding/studio for storage or hobbies. New deck & gutters 2017-perfect for entertaining. Newer roof, new carpet, fenced garden,pathways, fruit trees, seasonal view of Portland. Minutes to grocery, Hwy 14, Restaurants. Property is within urban growth boundary for subdividing someday. Hm weatherized by Richart Builders.