What does it really cost selling your home in New Bern NC
Selling your home in New Bern NC
In North Carolina seller is responsible for paying commission per their listing agreement as well as preparation of the new deed and revenue stamps (revenue tax). Currently deed preparation in our area will cost you about $250 and the same has to be prepared by attorney that you choose. Revenue stamps aka NC Transfer Tax is tax charged by the state of North Carolina and its based on a sales price of your property. The tax rate is $2.00 per $1,000.00 of the sales price. So if you sell home or land for $100,000 you would be charged $200.00 in revenue tax. Real estate sells commission is set upfront in your listing agreement and it varies from company to company and sometimes even between agents. Dont be focusing on the commission your agents charges alone but also look at services that you are receiving from the said agent and agency. If you are saving 1% on the commission and are not getting your home marketed can be very frustrating and hardly a saving.
Other expenses that might be the factor
- Home warranty - In my opinion always a good idea to offer a home warranty with your home. It is great marketing tool and it will provide everyone involved in the transaction with a piece of mind after the closing.
- Closing cost assistance - In today market lots of buyers will need some closing cost assistance. It might make a difference for them between being able to secure the loan or not.
- Real Estate Tax - You will be responsible for paying your real estate taxes for the property from beginning of the year until the closing day.
- Termite Inspection for a buyer with a VA loan - Under federal guidance buyers that are getting VA loans are not allowed to pay for termite inspection so if you are selling your home in our area with high number of military buyers you might be required to pay for this. Current charge for termite inspection is $100.00
- Possible repairs that might be discovered by home inspector or appraiser.
If you are thinking about selling your home in New Bern are but are not sure if that is the right thing to do right now. Give me a call and let me check for you. FREE of charge :) Hope you find this info helpful and if you have any question please don't hesitate to give me a call. You can always reach me on my cell phone and please leave a message 252-617-0861
Sonja Babic Broker / Owner