NOVEMBER 11th REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONIES AROUND VICTORIA.
Most regular services start at 10:45 a.m. unless noted otherwise (spectators are requested to be in place by 10:30 a.m.).
- Aboriginal ceremony, 9 a.m. at Goldstream park
- Veterans' Cemetery, 9:30 a.m., 1190 Colville Rd.
- 10:45 a.m. as follows:
- Central Saanich, Peacekeeping Memorial Cenotaph, municipal hall, 1903 Mt. Newton Cross Rd.
- Esquimalt Cenotaph, Memorial Park, 1229 Esquimalt Rd.
- Oak Bay Cenotaph, at the War Memorial, Uplands Park, Beach Drive
- Royal Roads University, 10:40 a.m. in the Italian Garden of the school, 2600 Sooke Rd. Free admission to Hatley Park and the museum for the day.
- Saanich Cenotaph, Municipal hall, 770 Vernon Ave.
- Sidney Cenotaph, in front of RCMP station, 9895 4th St.
- Sooke Cenotaph, Sooke Royal Canadian Legion, 6726 Eustace Rd.
- Victoria Cenotaph, legislature grounds, 501 Belleville St.
- West Shore Cenotaph, Veterans Memorial Park, intersection of Goldstream Avenue and Veterans Memorial Parkway, Langford.
- Ross Bay Cemetery 1494 Fairfield Rd
- Cobble Hill - 10 a.m. at the Cobble Hill Community Hall, 3550 Watson Ave. followed by a ceremony at the Liberation Park cenotaph.
- "The Remembrance Day Ceremony has played a major role in Remembrance since 1931. Every year, at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, we gather in memorial parks, community halls, workplaces, schools and homes to stand in honour of all who have fallen. Together, we observe a moment of silence to mark the sacrifice of the many who have fallen in the service of their country, and to acknowledge the courage of those who still serve." Source: LEGION Remembrance Day Page on the LEGION web site
NOVEMBER 11th VICTORIA REMEMBRANCE DAY CEREMONIES