Do These Things During the Month of November
November is one very busy month, no doubt about it. But no matter how busy life gets for you, there are a few tasks that you just shouldn't overlook.
So what are some of the important tasks you should be tackling throughout the month of November?
Things that will ensure your good health, comfort, and safety?
Following are the most important tasks:
- Run your Credit Report: With the recent Equifax data breach, it's more important than ever to stay vigilant. Head to: www.annualcreditreport.com now.
- Think About Getting a Flu Shot: Especially if you're over the age of 65 years. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the best time to do this is between Halloween and Thanksgiving. (To find a flu shot provider near you, click HERE. Make sure to check with your physician ahead of time.)
- Schedule a Maintenance Check-up: Maintain your furnace/heating unit to make sure it's in good working order
- Check Fire and Carbon Detectors: Dead batteries cause alarm failures and put your family at increased risk. Replace old batteries with fresh ones
- Clean Dryer Vents/Duct Systems: Inspect hoses and vents for blockages. Clean thoroughly
- Check Fire Extinguishers: Gauges should show enough pressure for use
- Check and Clean Garbage Disposal: It's wise to do it prior to hosting gatherings
- Check Plumbing: Look for evidence of drips in cabinets, under sinks. Check around toilets and faucets
- Replace Hardwood Floor Protectors: Another chore you want to do prior to entertaining
- Prepare your Home's Exterior for Winter: Empty flower containers. Bring containers, garden ornamentation, and water hoses indoors. Protect them from cold weather damage
- Clean Gutters: Perform after leaves quit falling
- Turn off Outside Faucets (If possible to do so)
- Check Fireplace: Examine for damage, loose bricks. Clear of bird nests, etc.
- Check Windows and Doors for Drafts: Replace old weather-stripping and insulation. Repair caulking
- Inspect Home's Exterior: If you're seeking warmer surroundings, so are furry little pests. Cover or fill-in any gaps and spaces that may be allowing them to enter your home
- Emergency Power Generator: Maintenance and Test unit
Prepare and Stock-Up:
- Order Firewood/Pellets (If you have a Fireplace/Stove)
- Purchase Ice Melt: (Pet and Plant safe, of course)
- Snowblower: Maintenance your machine. Buy fuel, if needed
- Buy Ice Scrapers for all vehicles
- Check condition of older Snow Shovels. Buy new, if needed
See to these things during the month of November and you'll have a safer, more comfortable, and healthy winter ahead of you ...
I'll put my 40 years of Mortgage experience and expertise hard to work on your behalf.
I'm easily found at: