Things to Do to Make Your Home More Efficient this Fall
Here are 15 fall DIY ideas to make your home more efficient.
- Change the Batteries in your thermostat and smoke alarms.
- Replace the older Carbon Monoxide Alarms with the new 10 year batteries.
- Increase the insulation in your unfinished attic.
- Add storm or double-pane windows
- Weatherstrip interior doors if you feel cold air coming in.
- Seal exhaust vents.
- Trim or remove aggressive plants.
- Replace damaged roof shingles.Patch cracks in the driveway.
- Clean the rain gutters.
- Change to LED exterior light bulbs
- Flush the water heaterReplace outside wired lights with solar fixtures.
- Trim trees and rake leaves off ground.
- Remove dead plants and flowers and replace with fall/winter plants.