When you study behaviorial psychology you learn about human behavior. All strong and successful markerters online and offline study the behavior of their 'avatars' ( ideal prospects).
If you want to learn more about this topic there are two perfect books for you to read. Both of these books are written by Dr. Robert Cialdini.
1. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
2. PreSuasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade
Even if you are not a marketer these books are useful. To understand behavior will help you to be a better business owner, entrepreneur, real estate agent, mother, father, sister, brother, friend.
Now, back to buying decisions are based on emotions.
Under ALL buying decisions is one emotion that drives the decision and it is DESIRE.
There are 16 core desires:
- Power is the DESIRE to influence others.
- Independence is the DESIRE for self- reliance.
- Curiosity is the DESIRE for knowledge.
- Acceptance is the DESIRE for inclusion.
- Order is the DESIRE for organization.
- Saving is the DESIRE to collect things
- Honor is the DESIRE to be loyal to someone.
- Idealism is the DESIRE for social justice.
- Social is the DESIRE for companionship.
- Family is the DESIRE to raise one's own children.
- Status is the DESIRE for social standing.
- Vengeance is the DESIRE to get even.
- Romance is the DESIRE for sex.
- Eating is the DESIRE to consume food.
- Physical activity is the DESIRE for the exercise of muscles.
- Tranquility is the DESIRE for calm.
The goal of marketing is to make selling a non-issue. If you are really good at marketing you will not be selling, nor will you have to "sell".
The better you are at markeing and tapping into the core desires of your prospects and clients, the less you will be "selling".
This is one of the reasons when someone calls you to list their house with you and they found you online, they are ready to hire you, they have already been 'sold' through your marketing.
What does someone need to think, believe, feel; in order to hire you as their listing agent?
Have those outcomes in your copy, in your blogging, on your Facebook page, on your website. Start the conversation.