“Real estate agents are business owners. Getting started is really hard. In that great struggle the new agent invariably asks”
“What do I do now?”
“Am I even focusing on the right thing, right now?”
“What should I be doing next?”
If this sounds like you...you’re certainly not alone.
I’ve asked myself these questions hundreds of times through the past 20 years of running my real estate business and launching other products.
And so have most of the business owners I know.
Let me know, Have you asked yourself these questions?
And not having the answers to these questions leads to frustration, confusion, and overwhelm.
The answer to these questions depends.....
...depends on where you are in the evolutionary cycle of your business.
The real estate agent business evolution is:
1. Student - you know who you are in Utah.
2. Beginner - You don't know squat and you are consuming information. You still can't pay your bills but you are trying to fix that.
3. Survivor - you can put money in the bank and pay bills on time. If you went out of business tomorrow, no one would notice.
4. Shaker - you built an enterprise. Others depend on you. You are a RAINMAKER. If you went out of business tomorrow, your team and broker would miss you for a week or two.
5. Thought leader - a creator. Your real estate business is managed by others. Your business is it ask 'Why not?' and bring what does not exist into reality. You are in industry changer, thought leader, at the pinnacle of the real estate kingdom, the top of the food chain..
I'll take you through the five stages and answer the questions as they pertain to the real estate agent, a small business owner, at each stage.
Of course that is a 10,000 word blog which no one wants. So each stage will be published separately. And of course in the revision of On The Right Track.
Where do you think you are? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?