When potential buyers walk through your home, you want them to get a warm and fuzzy feeling. You don't want them distracted by things that are wrong with the house.
So here's a tip that will cost the seller five to thirty dollars.
Replace the burned out light bulbs!
Consciously or subconsciously the buyers may be asking what else is wrong with the house.
If the owners don't even bother to replace light bulbs, what other maintenance are they neglecting?
- Are they servicing the furnace? Are they even changing or cleaning the furnace filters?
- Have they shortened the lifespan of the furnace, the central air, the water heater?
- Are they cleaning the gutters or are they overflowing and rotting the wood behind the gutters?
- Are they taking care of the plumbing system or are we going to find problems after we move in?
- Are they neglecting the roof, the foundation, the crawl space?
- What other systems are being neglected?
Why plant the seeds of negativity when you can take ten minutes and replace burned out bulbs?