Mike and Jennifer Rigley (buyers) 916.378.4671 / (sellers) 916-660-5823 Info@RigleyRG.com
What’s My Sacramento Home Worth?
Please call us to discuss your potential Home Value in Sacramento, CA 916-660-5823. Click here to use our FREE Online Home Value Estimator. Call for a FREE consultation
Here is a great blog I ran across by April White that I thought was worth sharing.
In a digital age where first impressions can make or break your chance to build a relationship with a
potential client, you’ll never know how many leads you may have lost in the process of rushing to post
that listing. Home buyers today jump from listing to listing online in a matter of minutes and read
headlines in split seconds. So making your listing ad copy compelling is more important than ever
before. But how do you write hard-hitting, emotional copy in as few words as possible? Here are 10 tips
to ensure your listings sell the property as well as you would.
1. Be specific. Many listings start to sound the same when you read them back-to-back, so the smallest
details of a property are often what sets it apart and makes it memorable. What’s something surprising
enough about this listing to warrant a second look? The more granular and unique the details, the
2. Use storytelling techniques. How would you tell a friend about this listing or talk about it at a dinner
party? What details would you include to help explain why it’s of interest or why they should care?
Compelling real estate copy has more than just facts. It contains a narrative that helps home buyers
imagine what it would be like to live in that house. Keep in mind that people don’t buy features; they
buy benefits and a lifestyle — and the emotions that come with them.
3. Use local details. Including details about the local neighborhood can help grab a buyer’s attention
and encourage him or her to envision life in that house. Is the property near a park? A notable
landmark? A hip new bakery? Is it in a great school district or near a charming town?
4. Ask past buyers what worked. Poll current leads and past buyers to find out what copy resonated
with them. Maybe you’ll find there’s a common thread among ads they most like that you can replicate
in future listings. This is also a good excuse to check in with clients and continue building a relationship
5. Double-check spelling and grammar. This goes without saying, but it’s incredibly easy to rush and
overlook typos when you’re a busy broker working in a fast-paced environment. Proofread your copy
several times, and read it aloud at least once to ensure you demonstrate high standards and clear
thinking in your listings.
6. Let your listings represent you. Show off your personality and the personality of the home by adding
your own take on the property and making the copy original. Use descriptive imagery and adjectives
specific to that listing, and shy away from using overused words like “luxury.” One simple but effective
way to enhance your copy is to look up synonyms for popular adjectives.
7. Watch out for double meanings. Make sure you choose your words carefully, keep your target
audience in mind, and avoid adjectives that may mean different things to different people. Some words
have double meanings and can be interpreted in different (and opposing) ways. For example, “opulent”
can mean “atrociously overdone and gaudy” to some people. “Cozy” can be interpreted as “too small to
fit a bed,” and “fixer-upper” can be read as “a dump.”
8. Never underestimate a great headline. A great headline is concise, direct, specific, and adds a sense
of urgency. It provides context and not just a list of features. And it uses an adjective that doubles as a
buying trigger, such as “amazing,” “dream,” or “special.” Headlines written with an action verb can also
be more compelling.
9. Include a call to action. What do you want potential buyers to do after reading your listing? Make
sure to spell it out for them. Tell them to call you to schedule an in-person showing. Don’t forget to
include both your phone number and e-mail address.
10. Make sure the photos and tone match. It’s imperative that the listing copy doesn’t overpromise or
underpromise, which can undermine a buyer’s trust in you. So take this opportunity to showcase the
house as honestly as possible, while focusing on the positives. Also, not only should the tone of the copy
be consistent from top to bottom, but it should also reflect the overall look and feel of the property.
When in doubt, call an expert. Time is money, and your time is valuable. So don’t beat your head
against a keyboard when you could be closing a sale. There are copywriters who can help write, edit,
and proofread your listing copy and whose passion is to be a wordsmith as much as yours is to be a
sales professional. Don’t hesitate to outsource this task to a professional.
Are you thinking of selling your home in Sacramento? You should know exactly what it’s worth before making such an important decision. Get a CMA “Comparative Market Analysis”, for free, and with no obligation. This analysis compares your Sacramento home to others that are currently on the market and to those that have recently sold.
As top Sacramento REALTORS®, the Rigley Realty Group can determine the value of your Sacramento home and perform a quick market analysis, giving you a free estimate of what your home is worth in today’s market.
Mike and Jennifer Rigley of the Rigley Realty Group come with 13 + years experience helping buyers, sellers and investors realize their Real Estate dreams. Including:
- 30+ Year Sacramento Residents
- Over 1,00 homes sold since 2003 – 10x the average agent
- On Average sell homes 25.8% faster and for 1.5% more than the average agent
- Guarantee your Home will sell at a price acceptable to you or they will sell it for free*
- Team Approach for Maximum Client Satisfaction
- Ranked #145 Worldwide for all Keller Williams Agents 2008
- Ranked in the Top 25 of all agents & companies county wide in both the number of listings & sales since 2004
- Top 500 Teams All Companies in California for Production
- Sacramento Magazine 5 STAR Agent
In short, the Rigley Realty Group will sell your home for the most amount of money, in the shortest amount of time, with the least amount of hassles.
What’s your Sacramento home or property really worth? Get the true value of your home NOW!
Are you a local hero looking to buy or sell a home in Sacramento? CLICK HERE to find out about the Home Benefits for Heroes savings program NOW! Former and active Military, law enforcement, firefighters, health care providers, first responders, and teachers are but a few of the everyday heroes that may be eligible for home buying and home selling discounts through Home Benefits for Heroes