FYI - We have set the video to begin near the element of surprise, we know you have busy lives, but we think this is worth watching. Very fun!
We were watching Saturday Night Live over the weekend. Since we're both fans of the Foo Fighters, we were happy to see them as the featured musical guests. Imagine our surprise when one of their favorite songs launched into a rocking version of two Christmas favorites. It caught us completely off-guard and enhanced our festive mood.
Plus, it got us thinking. The element of surprise, as long as it's a positive surprise with some thought behind it, is often a delightful gift. When it's unexpected, it's quite powerful. How can we implement some of that magic into our customer service? Sure, we work hard, go the extra mile, dazzle them with great results, but is there more?
We think there is more. Here are a few ideas...
- We have a couple of morning closings this week. We are showing up at Title with their favorite seasonal coffee drinks in hand. We paid attention.
- Buyer tours - provide healthy snacks and botted water.
- Sellers might like a unexpected delivery of moving boxes and packing tape.
- Moving day snow? Hire a snow removal service.
- Moving day rain? Drop off a couple of large umbrellas and a door mat.
- Anxious pets in the mix? Arrange for a sitting service on moving day.
The main idea is to pay attention and take advantage of natural opportunities to implement your surprise. What are some of your surprises?