New Year’s Eve North Lake Tahoe - Truckee December 31 2017
The year is almost over and if you're in the North Lake Tahoe - greater Truckee area this New Year's Eve holiday weekend, here are some of our local events that will happen on New Year's Eve North Lake Tahoe - Truckee December 31 2017!
If your plans are to stay in and celebrate in your Tahoe home that's always a fun choice, but if you are now having second thoughts, it's not too late to make last-minute reservations for a New Year's Eve dinner, or to get reservations at one of the holiday dinner-dance parties here in the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee area.
While some events may have already sold out, keep dialing there are still places that have availability.
If you're thinking about something more casual, don't forget you'll find free events and firework shows in the North Lake Tahoe area at either Northstar, or at Squaw Valley.
We been to both the Northstar annual Fire and Ice New Year’s Eve Celebration and the fire works show at Squaw Valley and both will help you feel festive and are a great way to bring in the New Year.
As Craig and I get older, we find that there is just something special about seeing fire works and their beautiful display of vivid color over snow covered ski runs with the outline of the respective villages that makes a really impressive sight!
A couple of tips if you're headed to one of the outdoor events:
- Dress Warmly - You'll want to dress warmly and in layers as you'll be outside and the weather for New Year's Eve is expected to be in the mid 20's!
- Be Early - Parking is always a challenge during our peak visit seasons, and during the Christmas - New Year's holiday period, we're at capacity, so allow enough time for parking and finding a good spot to watch the show! Events tend to start on time so give yourself extra travel time so you can be early.
- Flashlight - Not every place has outdoor lighting at night in our area. Always bring along a small flashlight (Don't count on your cell phone flashlight. At the end of the evening phone battery life is often low, or gone, so carry a real flashlight.) making it easy to find your way back to the place you are staying, or back to your car.
If you want to avoid the crowds and watch the fireworks from your car, find a good spot in the parking lot, or anywhere you can see the ski resorts.
You'll have a good view and your own private show. If you brink lawn chairs you can sit by your car and still have the entire outdoor experience!
Lastly, most of our free events will celebrate New Year's Eve at 9 p.m. so you can enjoy the fireworks and attend another party to bring in the New Year at midnight here in the North Lake Tahoe - Truckee, California area.
Here is the schedule of the Free Northstar New Year's Eve events:
New Year’s Eve – Northstar, California Fire and Ice Event
- 12 noon - 3 p.m. DJ on the Village Stage by the ice rink in the Northstar Village
- 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Face Painting by Giggle & Grin
- 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. DJ Chango on the Village Stage
- 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Enjoy an evening with live music concert with The Who Show. This live band will play at the Village stage by the ice skating rink stage, so get there early to get a good spot to watch the performance, which will be followed immediately by Fireworks over the Northstar Village!
- 9 p.m. Fireworks Show at the Northstar Village. If you have a view of the Northstar Village area you'll be able to see the Fireworks display from a distance.
We have gone the past few years and enjoyed the New Year's Eve celebrations at Northstar. Take a look at the fun in past New Year's Eve events at Northstar!
Additional Northstar Events:
- Club 6330' | 10 p.m. - 1 a.m. Must be over 21+ party, drink, dance, no admission charge. Drinks, food costs vary by item selected.
The Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe | 9 a.m.- 1 a.m. The Living Room A la Carte pricing from the Champagne Bar. By the glass, or botttle.
- Manzanita | 11 p.m. - 2 p.m. A la Carte Pricing must be 21+ age, music, dancing, and special menu of cocktails and bottle options. Reservations recommended 530-562-3051
Here is the schedule of Free Squaw Valley New Year's Eve events:
Squaw Valley, New Year's Eve
7 p.m. Fireworks at the Village at Squaw Valley. Best viewing at the KT Bar area, but if you have a view of the Squaw Valley Ski Resort you'll have a view of the fireworks from a distance.
Additional Squaw Valley Events:
The Resort at Squaw Creek | 7 p.m. - 1 a.m. The "All that Glitters Kaleidoscope Party" - Pre-Party Dinner, Dance/Party $135/per person or Party only $65/per person, plus taxes and fees.
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadow | 8 p.m. - 2 a.m. 14th Annual Squaw Prom at the Olympic Village Lodge, 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley. This year's theme "The Great Gatsby", Tickets $100/couple; $200/single ticket. About a 1,000 people attended last year, so this is a very popular event.
In addition to this being a popular event, this event is sponsored by the High Fives Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds and awareness for athletes who have suffered a life-altering injury. All ticket proceeds from the event will benefit the High Fives Foundation.
There are many restaurants and bars in the area that will also be having special New Year's Eve events, but if you're looking for free entertainment you have plenty of local event options to bring in the new year.
Remember if you drink, don't drive. Check out the Tahoe area bus system for their expanded night service for a safe ride home.
See you at one of the North Lake Tahoe - Truckee area New Year’s Eve celebrations on December 31, 2016!
Be safe! Have fun! Happy New Year Everyone!
Coldwell BankerCalRE#01908304, Tahoe City, California.
New Year’s Eve North Lake Tahoe - Truckee December 31 2017
Originally posted at: http://tahoelaurarealestate.com/new-years-eve-north-lake-tahoe-truckee-december-31-2017/