Looking for a reason to buy a new home? Check out these Top 8 reasons people LOVE to buy new homes. Today, homebuilders offer more benefits for homebuyers than ever before. Here's 8 excellent reasons why many of today's buyers prefer new homes to used homes:
1) Have It Your Way- Design Your Home the Way You Want- Can't find the right home for your client? Tired of running all over town showing homes that need work and need lots of updating? Don't settle for someone else's choices when your client can select their favorite cabinets, kitchen counter tops, choice of flooring, and get the exact colors they want. Why settle for someone else's choices when you can select your favorite cabinets, counter tops, appliances, carpets and flooring?
2) Select a Home Plan That's Designed for Today's Lifestyle- Don't make the mistake of settling for an outdated floor plan. Today's new home plans have finally caught up with the way people want to live today. Discover larger kitchens with larger center islands, better appliances, hard surface counter tops, and open floor plans. Many of the two story designs also come with a first floor bedroom which provides flexible living options for your client.
3) Energy Efficiency- The newer building codes require builders to use even better insulation, higher efficiency appliances, better window quality, and offer better indoor air quality. The R-value of insulation in ceilings today of is 38 versus 19 in a home built in 1983. HVAC units are also have 14 SEER ratings over a home built in the 90's which had 10 SEER ratings. New homes meet stringent energy standards and codes not in place in the past. Having high-performance energy efficiency with state-of-the-art ventilation and air filtration also help monthly operating costs saving today's homeowners hundreds of dollars each year.
4) Less Maintenance and Fewer Repairs- A new home with vinyl windows, vinyl wrapped trim or composite materials offer lower maintenance than a used home with wood trim and wood windows. Builders often use composite decks or are doing stamped concrete patios. Often times, they will include full irrigation with a sodded yard, or landscaped beds thus lessening the impact of having to redo someone else's neglect on a resale home's yard. Often times on a resale transaction, homebuyers need to replace the carpeting, update counter tops, repaint rooms, replace existing appliances, or make exterior roof repairs.
5) Select a Floorplan that Meets Your Needs: Want a master bedroom on the first floor? It's yours. With massive his and hers walk-in closets? Done! Want high ceilings and a luxurious, resort-style master bath? Perhaps you'd like a sitting room with a fireplace in your owner's suite or French doors that open to your private patio or the pool? It's easy, when you build your master suite your way.
6) Warranty- In addition, builders will often agree to take care of any repair items during the first year. Other components will often times be warranted for longer than 12 months. For example, appliances often carry extended warranties. Having to replace a roof, or replace a water heater, are often surprises homebuyers don't expect when buying a resale home.
7) Community Amenities- Many new homes are built in master-planned communities with resort-style community centers, pools and clubhouses. Many new home communities also feature walking trails, protected resource protection areas, and offer neighborhood parks and open spaces. Developers are spending more attention to enhancing the quality of life in their community to attract more homebuyers for the builders. For example, Founders Pointe features a Residents' Clubhouse and pool, playground, walking trails, and a community pier.
8) Sense of Pride- A used home reflects their choices and family memories. A new home has that new car smell and offers the latest in new home technology and interior design. It's the same feeling you get when you buy a new car. New homes offer the latest design trends, style, comfort and quality. They provide a care-free lifestyle so that you can enjoy your home, not have to spend your free time working on it. Selecting the right builder can also help new homeowners enjoy that sense of pride and satisfaction that comes with owning a new home today.
Source: Some content above came from Jay McKenzie's "Top Ten Reasons Home Buyers Prefer New Homes Versus Used" -NewHomeSource.com
Discover the best in lifestyle communities at Founders Pointe, Liberty Ridge, and The Riverfront at Harbour View. East West is also celebrating its 25th anniversary of the Gatling Pointe Yacht Club, a riverfront club/restaurant and pool complex with a 68 slip marina adjacent to the town of Smithfield,Virginia. Visit an East West Realty Sales Center today.