The Mason Ohio condo market had the deep chill that matches the temperatures. With cold weather, holidays and other reasons to not look at condos, there were fewer buyers on the market for Mason condos and thus less sales. It's not unusual to see this during this time of year.
Stay with us for the whats, whys and hows of the Mason condo market! And a bonus at the end, easy to use Search For Mason Ohio Condos For Sale links! And if you want to know How Much Is My Mason Condo Worth?, just click the link, fill out the form and we'll be in touch soon!
If you're interested in the Mason Ohio Single Family Home Update for December just click the link for the details.
All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system. If any Mason condos traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report. All data is for the Mason School District area, so is not limited solely to Mason city limits.
Mason offers a full range of price points, with some entry level condos below $100k and luxury/golf course community condos well into the $300k and even $400k price point. So whether you want an economy condo, or the luxury version, we can help you find the right Mason condo for you!
A condo in Villas of Hunters Green we sold!
In general, you can expect to pay a premium for Mason condos when compared to communities further away from Cincinnati, although there is diminished opportunity for condos as you head away from Cincinnati.
So, on to the data!
First up is the number of Mason condos sold on a month by month basis for 2010 to present:
Next is the Mason condo median price summary chart.
Mason Condominium Data Summary:
Condos Sold: 9 (0 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 0 New Construction) DOWN 3
Average Price: $206,133 UP $21.5k
Median Price: $185,000 UP $17k
Days on Market Average for SOLD: 16 DOWN 12 (Median 6 Days)
Condos Active 1/5/18: 16* DOWN 5
Condos Pending 1/5/18: 20 UP 4
Average Sales/List %: 98.4% UP 1.4%
Most Expensive Condo Sold: $369,000
Least Expensive Condo Sold: $132,900
*There are two communities offering new construction condos and not all are listed in Cincinnati MLS so they're NOT included in the stats above and will also not show in the search links below. If you're interested in new construction ranch condos / patio homes in the $350-600,000 range, contact us at 513-520-5305 and we'll provide details.
So what do the stats indicate about Mason Ohio condo sales?
Key takeaways this month:
- LOW activity this month. Only 9 condos sold in December. While that's not the lowest month ever by any means, going single digits shows we're smack in the middle of the annual winter slowdown. There just aren't as many condo buyers looking when it gets cold.
- The number of condos not under contract is also low at 16. There's actually more condos under contract than not under contract.
- No condos sold below $100k and only 1 above $300k, so the range of prices continues to be tight.
- With so few condos completing sales, don't read too much into the month to month comparison of prices.
- New condos on the market are still selling fast if they meet buyer needs. Ranch condos with no basements are tougher to sell than a ranch condo with a basement as an example.
- There ARE some new construction opportunities not reflected in the 16 condos for sale, but they're going to cost you over $300,000 or more. Fox Hollow and Beacon Hill offer new construction opportunities if you've got the budget for them. Immediately adjacent to Mason are some other new construction condos if being directly in Mason isn't a concern. Contact us for details Liz@LizSpear.com or 513-520-5305. Patio homes and condos are a specialty of ours.
- Distressed condos (foreclosures and short sales) for sale continue to remain nonexistent. None sold and none are for sale and not under contract.
So what does this mean to you as a Mason Ohio condo owner?
No change from last month: We're at the slower time of year for the condo market. Some potential buyers are already heading south for the cold season. The shortage of condos for sale still works to the sellers' advantage, especially in the more affordable price ranges and the ranch condos have higher demand. Sub $100k condos that are not updated might take longer to sell.
We have a solid track record for selling Mason condos, so we'd love to help you achieve your real estate goal of selling your Mason condo.
Mason condos will remain in demand because they're an affordable entry point into Mason living versus the average Mason single family home selling well into the $300ks. The only niche that is a bit slower are the luxury Mason condos, as that segment is competing against new construction.
For an evaluation of your condo's marketability, please contact us at 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Mason condo buyer?
Not much reason to change our buyer advice. The good condos are selling quickly and with limited selection you need to look at new entries on the market quickly. It won't take long to determine if there's a Mason condo that will work for you. However, new construction is still a possibility and not all of them make it into MLS (and they're not cheap either). We can help with those too, even if they're not in Cincinnati MLS. We represent YOU and not the builder, and it costs you nothing extra to hire us to help you!
If you HAVE to have a Mason home, but don't like the pricing premium for a regular single family home, Mason condos make a great alternative (but don't forget to factor in the HOA fees). Use our links below to check availability for your price range.
And if you need an FHA loan to finance, quite a few of the condo communities are NOT eligible for FHA certification. Check with us to verify the condo that interests you can be FHA financed. The same applies for VA financing.
Check the search links below to view Mason condos currently for sale (the results include ACTIVE and PENDING, so look under the left photo in the results to distinguish).
If you're interested in buying a Mason condo, please contact us 513-520-5305 with your needs and we'll help you find the right Mason community for you!
Serving Mason's condo buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Mason Condo Market Reports: