National real estate consulting firm RCLCO ranked Summerlin as 4th in rank of the best selling master-planned communities in new homes sales in the nation. Summerlin also saw a milestone year of development in 2017.
RCLCO rank is determined by the number of new homes sold, and in 2017 Summerlin laid claim to 1,052 new homes sales - the strongest performance since 2006. Greg Logan, managing director of RCLCO said that Summerlin has appeared on the annual list 22 times since the company started tracking 24 years ago. He stated “The community was ranked No. 1 as the nation’s top selling master-planned community eight times between 1994 and 2002, putting Summerlin in the company of only a handful of communities nationwide to enjoy such remarkable and sustained success.”
Kevin Orrock, president of Summerlin for the Howard Hughes Corp, commented that Summerlin reached sales levels not experienced in over ten years. The entire Las Vegas Valley has seen strong economic growth and a significant number of buyers that are relocating – especially from a higher priced market such as California.
Here are most of the highlights for Summerlin in 2017 and continuing on into 2018:
- The developments in Downtown Summerlin that includes the completion of City National Arena – the Las Vegas Golden Knights practice facility, an announcement of Las Vegas Ballpark –a stadium for the Las Vegas 51s with the capacity of 10,000 seats, construction of a second Class-A office tower and the opening of Crate and Barrel.
- 2017 saw the opening of 10 new neighborhoods and two more villages – Reverence by Pulte Homes (the entire village developed by one developer) and Stonebridge.
- Fox Hill Park opened – an 18 acre adventure and play-themed park that has over 20 play structures and disc golf. This is a fantastic facility for everyone in Summerlin to enjoy.
- Two new public elementary schools were added – one in the Cliffs and on in the Paseos – bringing the total number of schools in Summerlin to 25.
- The Summit-a private championship golf course by Tom Fazio was completed in 2017. This is the focal point of the newest exclusive neighborhood The Summit in Summerlin.
- Construction started on an 180,000 square foot campus for global gaming leader Aristocrat Technologies.
If you own an existing home in the Las Vegas Valley and are looking for a newly built home in Summerlin from the following homebuilders- CalAtlantic Homes, Pulte Homes and Woodside Homes contact the Nevada Builders Trade-In program operated by The Smith Team –Realtor-Keller Williams Las Vegas Realty. We work with these plus Beazer Homes and Century Communities plus we also work with other builders other than our builder partners that are sitting with standing inventory and we offer similar benefits as the Nevada Builder Trade-In Program.
Keep in mind that whether you are interested in buying a home or listing a home, a Realtor should represent you– this person is working for your benefit and will help you navigate through the buying or selling process. I have thirteen years in New Home Sales and fifteen years in General Real Estate sales!
I Sell Las Vegas! www.iSellLasVegas.com
Thanks and make it a terrific day…………Robin