There are many reasons why people like to live in the Timber Creek subdivision of Flower Mound, TX in Denton County. There are multi-use trails, playground, picnic tables, tennis courts, and neighborhood homes. In addition to multiple pre-schools, there is Timber Creek Elementary and Lamar Middle School.
Click on the map for Timber Creek or if the link doesn't work, you can see this corner of Flower Mound's world closer below
Kids may walk through the trails around Duck Pond to get to school. They love to explore and see the ducks at Duck Pond and imagine what kind of people animals, reptiles, and birds roamed Flower Mound thousands of years ago. Ducks, turtles, snakes, and frogs are always fun to find on your way to school. Archaeological surveys completed by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers indicated humans inhabited Denton County somewhere between 4,000 to 2,500 B.C.
By the 1840's a European Settlement began in North Texas just before Denton County was formed in 1846. The first church Flower Mound Presbyterian was established in 1854 and still remains an active part of the community on Flower Mound Road between FM2499 and Morris/Gerault Road. The old Chisholm Trail crosses through Flower Mound along the I-35W corridor. Children will learn over six million cattle were herded out of the state during the 20-year period following the sad Civil War.
By 1877 Flower Mound grew and children needed a school so the Donald Academy was founded in 1877 and was in operation until 1942. In 1880 Flower Mound was booming thanks to the Yoakley Store which provided locals with cotton gin, post office, and blacksmith shop. It survived until the Great Depression in the 1930's.
The New Donald School was constructed in 1914 and continues to thrive. Many children have attended school there who became parents themselves and had children and great grandchildren too. Some family blood lines remain and are still very active in the community. A little more than 65 years ago, people were excited about the major recreational area coming into the community when construction began on Grapevine Lake. Today, Lakeside Business Center is a multi-use community of homes, businesses, townhouses, and soon to be one very tall Condo with views of the Lake Grapevine.
Back to Timber Creek, the first Lewisville Independent School District opened in Flower Mound in 1978. Timber Creek Elementary services kindergarten through fifth grade. Many now own businesses of their own and have families. People are always up-sizing and downsizing as families grow. Marcus High opened its doors in 1981 and the first Flower Mound Library began in 1985. In 1993 the town first had cable access and today new construction is continuous. But one thing that never changes is people are still moving to Flower Mound.