If you're a real estate agent who isn't blogging on your own platform, you're missing a huge way to boost your website's traffic and connect with your clients.
It's incredibly important for real estate agents to blog for two big reasons: One, it shows Google and other search engine crawlers that you're updating your website with fresh content for users, and two, it shows readers that you have knowledge to share.
This goes beyond giving out real estate calendars and customized MLB schedules with your logo. This is primarily about connecting with clients and showing them that you're a real person, not just a website run by a robot.
So what should you blog about?
15 Blogging Ideas for Real Estate Agents
Use these 15 blogging ideas as springboards. You can create hundreds of posts on extremely specific topics by just using this list alone!
1. Local events happening next month in your community
2. Real estate terminology
3. Mortgage basics
4. Home staging tips
5. Best restaurants in your community
6. Top attractions in your community
7. Market trends in your community
8. Home improvements, upgrades and repairs to make before selling
9. Home buying tips
10. Types of loans available
11. Themed decor and entertaining (don't forget the holidays, too)
12. Community, neighborhood or development information
13. School information
14. Answers to basic homebuyer (or seller) questions
15. Explanations of paperwork and forms you need to file in your state during a real estate transaction
Are You Blogging?
If you're blogging, we'd love to hear the types of topics you choose and what kind of success you've had. Have you hired someone, or are you a DIY-type? Share your story in the comments or come say hi to us on Facebook!