There comes a time in everyone's life when they are faced with decisions that can seem overwhelming. If you are a Senior or a Boomer, and are facing a decision on whether or not to sell your home, or stay in it as long as you can... or if you are a family member whose parents are in this position, then you need to seek out the services of a Real Estate Agent who is also an Accredited Senior Agent. We are here to work along side you and the professionals you want involved, and make decisions that you feel are right for you!
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
When you are facing a move as a Boomer or Senior, look for a Realtor® with the specialized training and experience you need, look for an Accredited Senior Agent™ As a Master - Accredited Senior Agent, I'm NOT out to get your listing; I work as a consultant, side-by-side with you and whatever advisors you want involved. I have only one goal in our relationship, to help you come to the best decision for you. If that decision is to stay in your present home, then that's a good thing for you.
I'll help you understand all your options. No pressure. I have a sphere of professional people around me who I can refer you to, who can assist you with legal and tax matters, or capital gains issues, insurance, or a host of other issues you may need to have resolved. I am here to assist YOU in any way I can. Call me for a free consultation, to see if we can work together in resolving your unique needs, as a senior. I am a senior also and therefore have a hands on perspective to you unique needs.
Yes, I AM a REALTOR® and my work includes helping people sell and buy houses. My role is never the same for any two clients; you have a smorgasbord of options and services to choose from. Everything I do, from our first chat to the closing of your home sale (if that’s the route you decide to go) is in furtherance of my one goal - the best possible outcome for you.
AS AN ACCREDITED SENIOR AGENT, I have access to professionals who are knowledgeable about Canadian tax laws, estates and estate planning, Wills, trusts and options on ways you can release the equity in your home for future living expenses.
I have something more to offer than just selling your home, if that is the best choice for you, I have a Network of Exceptional Specialists. Over the years, I have found that clients often need a referral to a specialist. There are so many things to think about and it’s hard to find all those specialists on your own.
AS AN ACCREDITED SENIOR AGENT
I will assist you to search out any government grants and loans that are in place to help you stay in your place, if that’s what you want to do. I know the local retirement homes - I’ve met the managers of many of them personally, and it would be my pleasure to help you find a new place to call home, whether you buy or rent. I like to say ‘Hire me; I’m an ASA and I’ll take the headaches out of your move.’ It’s what I’ve been trained to do, and it’s what I love to do. If your family is involved in your move, I can help take some of the burden off their shoulders.
That’s what I’m here for - to handle the unfamiliar for you and your family.
THE 8 MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS I WILL ASK YOU
When it comes to assisting mature and senior clients with their move, there are a number of important questions that must be asked. In order to help you prepare for our meeting, I offer these 8 questions as a starting point for our conversation when we get together.
- Do you WANT to move, or do you feel you HAVE to move?
- If you COULD stay in your home, WOULD you?
- Have you researched ALL your options?
- Who are you getting advice from about your living situation?
- Is your Will up to date?
- Do you have professional advisors?
- When was the last time you sold real estate?
- What questions do you have for me?
For answers to your questions, email or call me today (416) 717-6331 or email@example.com
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT INSURANCE
If you’re like most people, you really don’t think too much about your various insurance coverages. In this free report, you’ll discover some things that your insurance agent may not have thought to tell you. You’ll also learn a few things to consider regarding your Provincial health coverage, and some good news about life insurance. As you read this report, remember the information is provided for thought-provocation only; you need to speak with your insurance expert for advice specific to your situation.
- Home Insurance - Coverage for a Vacant Home - Depending on how long you are away from your home, you need to make arrangements to ensure your home is checked regularly, especially through the heating season.In some circumstances you may need to inform your insurer, such as if you will be away for more than 30 days. Also, in cases of a fully vacant property, you will need to obtain a vacancy permit from your insurer. Note that you will likely not be covered for risks associated with vacancy, such as broken water pipes, broken glass or vandalism. It is also important to note that these vacancy permits can typically only be obtained for 3 or 4 months.
- Vehicle Insurance - When you are arranging vehicle insurance, make sure to let your insurance agent know if there is a sudden rise in the mileage you are doing on an annual basis. Also, if you are planning on Wintering in the Sunny South, be sure to let them know about that too. As a senior, you may find that your vehicle insurance premiums go down until you are 80, at which time some companies no longer will offer you coverage.When considering a new vehicle, cheaper cars with smaller engines will result in lower premiums, because they are seen as less costly to repair.
- Life Insurance Exclusions - Are you an immigrant to Canada who likes to visit ‘the old country’? Or, someone who travels the world? Insurance companies can, and do, place ‘coverage exclusions’ on policies if the policyholder travels to certain areas. For example, if you travel to the Middle East, you may not have life insurance in case of death whilst travelling there. Make sure you read your policy before travelling.
- Provincial Health Insurance - The Provinces differ in how long you can be outside your Province of principal residence and maintain your health care. For residents of BC, you must be in Canada at least 6 months a year, whereas Ontarians can be absent Canada for 212 days in any 12-month period. The important point is that you will require additional health care insurance if you are out-of-Canada for any period of time. Check your Provincial Health website.
- Long-Term Care Insurance - Sometimes this is confused with Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurance. Here’s an explanation of the two: LTD is used to replace lost income due to an injury or illness and the coverage generally expires at 65. LTC is used to help cover the cost of care due to an injury or illness. Generally speaking the person would have to have more serious health issues to claim on a LTC policy. He/she must not be able to perform 2 of 6 functions of daily living. On the plus, the coverage never expires and many policies can be paid up in a limited number of years. Many people will use LTC to supplement LTD insurance or to replace LTD as the insured approaches retirement.
- Is Your Will Up To Date? While this is not completely related to insurance, it is a critical consideration for you. Studies consistently show that some 48% of Canadians do not have a Will. Of the 52% that do have one, approximately 75% of those Wills are out of date. Getting your Will updated, or having one drafted if you don’t have one, will alleviate pressure on you and ensure that your wishes are followed in the future. As an Accredited Senior Agent, one of the values I bring to you is a network of exceptional specialists that includes lawyers who specialize in Wills and Estates. These specialists can prepare your Will if need be.
- Do you have two Power of Attorneys in place? One for Financial and one for Medical?
Resources Cited In This Report
NOTE: While I have provided information for your perusal, I am not professing to be an expert. You are cautioned to consult your insurance expertor other professionals for answers to your QUESTIONS, email or call me today.
Your Trusted Streetsville|Mississauga
Real Estate Professional
When you choose me to handle your real estate needs, you are choosing a real estate professional who:
cares about you and your family
will listen to your needs
work together with you, and
protect your interests to achieve your objectives
Visit me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/STREETSVILLEREALESTATE
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/mississaugamls
Experience, Service and Integrity in Every Real Estate Transaction
I am the proud recipient of the Quality Service Certified Platinum award for outstanding service to my clients - a rating of 100%
Dedicated to providing outstanding service one would expect and deserve from a real estate professional.