The learning curves that come with life. Of them there are no end and this is how it should be. Life is not a still but an action to be grabbed and held onto and then to run with it in every direction. The speed and the topics of what to pursue are subjective so seek your own but learn from everyone so you can mitigate error, wrong directions, pits and losses while you carpe diem!
First, the above paragraph includes everyone & all subjects. As to advise it is just my suggestion because each one must make their own footprints to first learn about the self specifically your skills bank. What are your gifts, talents & abilities? Add strengths & weaknesses too. Be honest in honest out
Know them and then you can command them. If you don't know them then discover them in the field of action showing you what you can or cannot do & how you go about it. Our gifts in action give us all an edge on the endeavor that's why you have them. This separates you from plants, animals & insects
This is when someone shares with another (or group) what worked for them and what didn't and sort of red tags an item or place of being similar to a heads-up! Advance knowledge is priceless. Picking the brains and the experiences of those in the mixes of life pays handsomely for all involved
REAL ESTATE YEAR ONE
When one is ignorant or naive they tend to exude weakness right or wrong and that works against you in a fast-paced and high stakes environment. Whatever you do, don't be passive about it. THINK: hitting the ground running but harder than usual. This approach gives instant feedback & input but.....
LEARN FROM MISTAKES (advanced course)
The thing is you will be wrong, in error and shamed perhaps humiliated because of your leap first and then look attitude but here is how you handle that. When you discover an error (and you will), admit it. Don't fudge, excuse or blame. Chalk it up to I took a shot and messed up. Dust yourself off. Begin again
EXCUSE ME I'M SORRY
If some one else was involved & got caught up in your exuberance, apologize and you wont have to tell them you are new they will know. Have humility. Just let them know that you want to succeed badly & any help they can give is appreciated. Whatever happens, keep going or defeat & despair catch up
FEAST & FAMINE
Make good friends with these two. Getting your first paycheck is one thing and keeping it coming is another. You have to decide this while working it all out. If you have another source of income it helps. If not, do not start this and quit. Don't let the QUIT DNA enter into the self. Very deadly and kills slowly
IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER
1. NO FEAR: make friends with your butterflies, sweaty palms and wobbly knees and press-on. We were not put here to be defeated. It is not natural to give-up. Don't confuse seizing the day with what if scenarios. Don't think too hard or analyze but instead, move forward at a calm but orderly pace
2. CHARACTER: many people and circumstances will want your morals, character and integrity for their breakfast encouraging you to give it up convincingly. If you do, you are despised and of no value. Do not sell this precious inner Real Estate for any price. You cannot ever buy it back if you do
3. ASK QUESTIONS: Learn from everyone and all circumstances and see where you can improve. On the way you will see others and their errors and flaws in systems. Learn to navigate through it all
4. WHAT ONE CAN DO: another can do. We all can do most anything that needs to get done if we had to. How well fast or effective who can say? If you are driven by passion your arrival point or pay-off is heading toward you as you head toward it. Stay the course so you two meet up. All traveled this way
5. IT'S NOT ME: If you discover that this is not what you like but need it to make a living just know that is a harder road than doing what you love and having success follow. Learning curves will teach it all
TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED
I often run into well-meaning people and the lesser types in the Real Estate business. Somehow when power & money is involved in human nature, it brings out the worse of who you really are. When we need to successfully close a transaction, this is not a good time for your nonsense & dysfunction.
WATCH THE PRIDE
That's why well-meaning and savvy people will carry the ball and step-up to get things done. Let them! Of course threat of lawsuits, loss of license & damages all await in the wings for those that don't come to their senses. Real Estate is attorney food & court snack if not played according to rules & regulations
BROKERS and the BUCK
Some people cannot operate well by being their own boss. An agent is given much freedom and latitude but some don't handle it well. That's why Brokers have to supervise and if they fail become accountable to everyone who has a beef. The Real Estate Buck definitely stops with the Brokers. Find a good one
WHEN DO I ARRIVE?
Forget the glamor, power, money, control and all prestige and magic that you think comes with being licensed to sell Real Estate. Prepare to work harder for more rewards at first and your hard work will make it easier as time goes on. Cooperate with this business. Bend, break and recover. Do this until you don't have too. You will know when