Do You Ever RETREAT?
Yesterday our entire office took what we call a One-Day Retreat. We recently opened our doors back in May of 2017 so this January was the first time we me for one day and reflect, re-purpose, and relax. Yes, we cleared our busy schedules and came together to retreat.
We spent the day at a cool, historic home that is right in town. We weren't far from the office yet we were out of the office. It truly made for a change-of-pace for us all.
What were our objectives?
- To take a few hours to focus on personal growth. (Growth was our theme)
- Meet off-site out of the office at the historic Sheriff's House, home of Brian Gaffin Architect.
- Allow ourselves a break from the business of our lives.
- Get to know one another on a more personal level.
- To collaborate and brainstorm ideas for the coming year.
What did we accomplish?
- A clear focus on our personal growth.
- Claiming a personal WORD or mantra for the year.
- Heard a truly inspiring speaker from our area. Coach Leta Andrews of whom a movie is being made of her life.
- Planned our One-Year Birthday Bash Client Appreciation Event.
- Laughed a lot.
- Learned about one another on a deeper level.
- Set up a Mastermind Study on John Maxwell's 15 Laws of Growth.
- Set a sales goal as a company for 2018.
I know I came away refreshed and ready to tackle our business! Taking time away for personal growth is never a waste of time. Real estate moves at warp speed. Spending a day with your co-workers out of the office to learn and plan can be the perfect way to keep your team fresh and rejuvenated!