Rowing Life: A Week's Worth of Smoothies
A little prep goes a long way!
I am an extremely active (and busy) woman. I work out 6 to 7 times per week in order to perform well in my sport of rowing. And I firmly believe that what we put into our bodies has an impact on our energy throughout the day. One of the ways I keep my energy up is by making smoothies to have on-hand following a workout. Recently, I started making an entire week's worth of smoothies. It saves time, and I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat after my training session.
It's so simple. Here's what I do:
1. Throw frozen fruit into the Ninja. I don't do anything fancy. Strawberries, bananas, pineapple are typical.
2. Add frozen spinach, orange juice, plain Greek yogurt, and flax seed.
3. Blend on hi-speed until smooth.
4. Pour into disposable cups and cover.
5. Freeze until ready to use.
I grab a smoothie as I run out the door in the morning. It thaws in my car or office. I don't add any sugar or use flavored yogurt, don't add protein powders, don't need to - these smoothies are lip-smacking tasty, refreshing, and nutritious without adding sugars or powders.