Howdy Active Rainers,
Addicted to Facebook? You're not alone.
Instead of mindless scrolling, aimlessly perusing, and merely "reacting" on the social media giant - why not make the most of your time there?
With that said - we're back again with another infographic, based on previously featured content geared toward polishing and perfecting your marketing on Facebook.
Enjoy and Happy Friday!
Direct | 408.213.4668
1101 S. Winchester Blvd, J-225
San Jose, CA 95128
Buy Just 3 Months, Get 2 Completely Free
+ Free Service For Existing Customers With Our Referral Program
SIGN UP to receive our emails!
Free, weekly, extensive insight on how to increase your listings, fully nurture your buyer and seller leads, boost your referrals, maximize client retention, stay top-of-mind, and strengthen your marketing efforts (includes direct access to cutting-edge real estate marketing technology designed in the heart of the Silicon Valley).
by Andy Coffaro
The New York Times recently reported that the average user spends about 50 minutes per day on Facebook.
To put that in perspective, the publication stated, “It’s more time than people spend reading (19 minutes); participating in sports or exercise (17 minutes); or social events (four minutes). It’s almost as much time as people spend eating and drinking (1.07 hours).”
Guess who else is spending nearly an hour per day on the world’s biggest social media platform?
Your future homebuyers and sellers are, of course.
With your potential clients constantly interacting with Facebook both on desktop and mobile, here are five of the best ways to connect (and even stay connected) with them on the social media giant.
- Tell Them About Yourself
We’re going to assume you already have a published Facebook business page right now (and if you don’t, we can easily help set that up for you).
Go back and look at your “About” tab. You’ll want to make sure everything is up to date, including phone number, business address, and hours of operation.
More importantly, show your audience the niche you specialize in by using the real estate (pun intended) offered to you in the “Short Description” and “Long Description” sections. Then make sure your email address and website are correct just below.
In a perfect world, your short and long descriptions will be so engaging and enticing that your readers will contact you.
Bam! Now you have new (and very warm) leads.
- Call to Action Button
Having a clear call to action button in your header image is a great way to funnel folks directly where you want them.
Here’s a nice example by the popular brand, Dollar Shave Club. You can see the call to action button labeled “Sign Up,” which then places new email addresses into their CRM for future direct marketing.
The button could also say “Learn More,” which takes people directly to your website or custom landing page.
The call to action is entirely up to you; just make you have one.
- Video, Video, Video
Video is an incredibly powerful way to connect with clients on Facebook.
This is especially true when you’re promoting a new listing either through a Facebook post or ad. If potential homebuyers in your area are scrolling through their timelines and see a vibrant, gorgeous, and creative video promoting your listing, it greatly increases the chances they’ll engage with your content.
If the video is especially amazing, your leads may feel inclined to share it with their friends and family on Facebook, thus helping to spread the word even more.
- 80/20 Rule
Once your Facebook page is looking spiffy and people are following you, always remember the 80/20 rule: Give them good, relevant, and engaging content 80% of the time that simply helps them in some way. Use the other 20% of your Facebook posts to promote specific listings or your business.
By using 80% of your posts to help and educate your audience, they’ll be much more receptive the rest of the time when you market to them directly.
- Respond as Quickly as Possible
When folks comment on your posts – whether it’s a video, link to an article, a new listing – try to respond as quickly as you can.
You’ll get notifications on your mobile device, so keep an eye out for everything from questions to disgruntled readers. By responding to them quickly, you’ll come across as a real estate agent who truly cares about her or his client’s needs and pain points.
Utilizing Facebook to connect with new homebuyers and sellers should be a no-brainer when it comes to your marketing efforts. From capturing new leads to promoting current listings, it’s easily one of the most effective ways to take your business to the next level.
More marketing advice can be found on our featured Tip Of The Week Archive page.