Vote Today, for Prop A!

By
Real Estate Agent with Dept of Real Estate

Well, there's a bill on the ballot today called Proposition A. It's a measure allocating funds to parks and preserves in Phoenix. Although I am typically never for giving money to the government, this is one of the few things I am all for. Parks are a tricky thing because they really don't have an immediate financial benefit. Other than home builders, who create small parks as an attraction to their communities, most businesses/developers really don't have any financial incentive to produce parks, or create preserves. This is why I believe it is important that we, as citizens, take the initiative to set aside money for this specific purpose. Land within the Valley is being bought up and developed, and we will soon not have any more places to put these parks. 60% of funds raised will go towards regional parks, new and old. It'll add park rangers, lighting, security, programs for youth, as well as maintenance. The other 40% will go towards preserves, trails, and the like. Last month, I talked about the soccer field proposal over off of McDowell Road, near 40th Street. This measure goes hand in hand with that. It's great for our social network, and great for our children and future generations. I've already sent in my early ballot for it, and I hope you'll vote as well. Even if you are against it, do your civic duty and get out there to vote! 

J.P. Benedict
Arcadia, Tempe, Scottsdale Real Estate Expert
www.jpbenedict.com

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Location:
Arizona Maricopa County Phoenix
Tags:
sports
random acts of kindness
phoenix development
social issues
arcadia area news

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Ambassador
2,410,268
Fred Griffin Tallahassee Real Estate
Fred Griffin Real Estate - Tallahassee, FL
Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker

 Hello, J.P.

          We invite you back to ActiveRain!  

     Much has changed since your last blog post.  

     We would welcome your return.

Aug 27, 2017 06:15 PM #1
Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainer
4,037

J.P. Benedict

Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information