Ordinary sump pumps need electricity to operate, but water-powered sump pumps work without electricity - so they can pump water out of your foundation drains during a black-out, or if your primary sump pump fails.
Water-powered sump pumps:
- Powered by your municipal water supply
- No electricity, no batteries, no maintenance required
- Easily connected to the municipal water supply pipe and to your existing conventional sump pump discharge pipe
- In the event of a power outage or an electric pump failure, the rising water in the sump with activate an automatic control valve which will start the system
- Water under pressure will flow through the device, creating a vacuum which draws water out of the sump hole
- A backflow preventer protects the municipal water supply