Homeowners and home buyers in Scotch Plains are smart to learn about the real estate market to help make an informed decision about when to buy and sell a home in Scotch Plains .
Here’s what’s been happening lately.
- 14 homes were sold in Scotch Plains in January - compare to 20 in January, 2017.
- 121 homes were offered for sale in Scotch Plains in January - compared to 136 in January of 2018.
- Average sale price in Scotch Plains in January was $494,143- compare to the the average sale price in January of 2017 which was $486,936.
- Average list price in Scotch Plains in January was $664,941 - compare to the 12 month average of $685,779.
Days on Market:
- In January, the average sold home in Scotch Plains was on the market for 41 days - compared to the 12 month average of 58 days.
What this means for buyers:
- Be educated. Learn what kind of home you want. Decide with your family members what you need in a home and what you want in a home.
- Be informed. Spend some time getting to know the inventory. Learn what homes look like in your price range. Learn what home features you can afford.
- Be ready. Have your pre-approval ready so that you can act quickly when you find your perfect home.
What this means for sellers:
- If you're on the fence about selling your home, this may be the perfect opportunity to get the most money in the shortest amount of time.
- Even in a shrinking inventory situation, you're still competing with other homes on the market. View the other homes that are offered for sale and make sure your home is the best one in its price range.
- Make your home available for potential buyers.
For mor information, please click here.
To read more about the real estate market in Scotch Plains, please read our earlier market reports here. For more information on how Team Zuhl can help you, please click here or call us at 908-917-4189.