The Strand is designed and being labeled as Allen's premiere mix-used development by the developer Hines. Hines itself is a privately owned company with a global presence in 201 cities in 21 countries. They participate in real estate development and management with currently $100 billion in assets that they manage. One of their well known local North Texas developments is The Galleria in Dallas.
The concept will have a very strong emphasis on walkability, which has become more and more a highly desired requirement by today's consumers. The development has plans for a minimum of 3.5 million sq.ft. or more with much of that being Class A office and corporate campuses. Located on the southeast corner of State Highway 121 and Alma Drive, there will be both convenient accessibility and high visibility.
According to Drew Steffen who is the Managing Director for Hines "With The Strand, we are creating a new center complete with unique urban walkability, activated public space, parks and plazas and unparalleled on-site amenities. Visitors will experience The Strand as an urban fabric that's seamlessly woven into the natural landscape." Sounds amazing, doesn't it?
There will be (7) distinct districts that will all have different uses but still share a common design and theme. Those (7) seven districts will be the following as listed below.
1. The Alma District (Retail, Entertainment, and Office Space)
2. The Central District (Central Green Space)
3. The Neighborhood North District (Urban Residential Living)
4. The Neighborhood South District (Single Family Homes)
5. The Tollway District (Class A Office Building and Corporate Campuses)
6. The Greenbelt District (Wooded Greenbelt with access to Spirit Park and the existing City of Allen Trail System)
7. The Creek District (Final Phase of Class A Office and Residential Options east of the Greenbelt District)
The development of The Strand will take place in (4) four phases with the section bordering on Alma Drive and then progress east until final completion. With the new convention center and hotel that is currently under construction next to Watters Creek in Allen, The Strand will become a destination location for residents and visitors both in Allen.
Sources: Allen EDC, Hines
Steve Lester, REALTOR® is with Keller Williams Realty living in Allen, Texas.