Haiku Maui HI 96708 - vacant land market update Feb 2018
Here's a quick report of the real estate market activity in my part of the island, Haiku. It covers a large area and there is so much diversity that it's really hard to make any comparisons, but if you follow the market you might find some interesting bits. At this point, it looks like sales volume is up from last year, and maybe even prices are up. Obviously there is a lot of inventory of large parcels and expensive parcels. If you can afford these prices, there are some really great buys to be had along the north shore.
What sold in 2017?
- - 33 parcels of land sold, priced from $293,000 to $1,725,000
- - average price was $483,323 and the median sale price was $400,000
- - lot size varied from just under 1/4 acre to over 31 acres
- - 9 sales were off-the-grid lots which is becoming more trendy
- - Days on Market ranged from 39 to 536
- - only 1 was a short sale: 5.9 "unbuildable" acres for $315,000
- - lowest price: 1/4 acre with water meter and views, on Kahiapo Rd
- - highest price: 31.25 acres with some permitted farm buildings, equipment and plants
- - only 1 was oceanfront: 2 acres at 30 Hale Pili Way sold for $1,295,000
Haiku Maui HI - vacant land sales for 2017
What sold so far in 2018?
- - 6 closed sales priced from $329,000 to $1,025,000
- - average sale price was $607,400 and median sale price was $520,200
- - lot size varied from 2 acres to 12 acres
- - DOM ranged from 62 days to 704 days
- - nothing oceanfront, bank owned, or short sale
- - lowest price: an off-grid CPR'd 2 acre lot with eligibility to build a 1,000 sf cottage
- - highest price: the last 2 acre lot on Haiku Hill, 409 Waiama Way, with 360 degree views
434 Hoolawa Rd - off grid 3.2 level acres sold for $590,400 on 2/27/18
What's for sale now?
- - 40 total listings for sale, with only 2 pending, priced from $360,000 to $12,000,000
- - average list price is $1,744,950 and median asking price is $1,550,000
- - 25% of the listings are priced under $1,000,000
- - lot size varies from 1 acre to 241 acres - that's a lot of variation!
- - DOM ranges from 2 to 2,381
- - 14 parcels are oceanfront, and 1 of those is pending and ready to close any day
- - no short sales, no REO properties
- - only 3 have been CPR'd
- - search the Maui MLS and find Haiku vacant land for sale
Thanks for reading my Maui blog...
Buying or selling real estate on Maui? That's what I do. Let me help YOU.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai'i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
E-mail or call/text: 808 283-0635