I was introduced to the Armed Forces Vacation Club by a friend who could not believe that I was unaware of it. Well, that was a couple of years ago and I have enjoyed it ever since. I am now passing the torch on to all of you to enjoy!
The Armed Forces Vacation Club is a space available program that offers Department of Defense affiliated personnel the opportunity to find nightly rentals and week long condos at a discounted rate. The Armed Forces Club also offers discounted hotels and car rentals.
Who is eligible, glad you asked? According the AFVC website:
You are eligible to participate in the Armed Forces Vacation Club if you are 21 or older and a:
- Member of the United States Uniformed Services (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, NOAA, USPHS; active duty, and both active and inactive Reserve, Auxiliarist, and National Guard) or an adult dependent
- Retired Member of the United States Uniformed Services (Air Force, Army, CoastGuard, Marine Corps, Navy, NOAA, USPHS, Reserve, Auxiliarist and National Guard)
- Spouse or child (21 or older) of an active or retired member of the United States Uniformed Services (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, NOAA, USPHS, Reserve, Auxiliarist and National Guard) AND have a current DD Form 1173, United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card.
- Civilian employee of the DoD or a United States Uniformed Service (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired).
- Foreign exchange service member on permanent duty with the DoD
- American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
- DoD Dependent School teacher
- Disabled American Veteran rated @ 100% with a valid United States Uniformed Services Identification Card.
- Contractor working on a military installation and in possession of an ID card issued by the installation.
I highly encourage you to check out their website and all that they have to offer, you will not be sorry.
It is the time of year to PCS, if you should be relocating to the Greater Fredericksburg Area or Northern Virginia, please contact me for all of your Real Estate Needs. It would be my honor to help you find your way home. As a military veteran and spouse, I can relate first hand to the stress of moving.
Contact me at 540-645-1354(c) 540-548-0500 (o) 540-548-0500
Copyright 2008 Photos courtesy of ClipArt.