YOU ONLY HAVE ONCE CHANCE TO MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION!
- DRIVE WAY - Is it all cracked and not so black? Maybe it’s time to think about having it refreshed. Get a quote – it might be cheaper than you think. If you want to refresh it yourself – google how to do it RIGHT – new sealer will not stick to oil.
- WHERE IS THE SIDEWALK – When walkways, sideways and driveways are hidden by grass and weeds it’s time to take out those tools and manicure your front lawn. Nothing more attractive than a green lawn.
- PLANTS, SHRUBS, TREES – all add to the curb appeal. It’s more cost effective to plant perennials than annuals but if you want to add a little more colour to your curb appeal and few boxes of annuals will go a long way. Keep you shrubs and trees trimmed - you want the buyers to see the house from the street.
- GUTTERS – Clean and scrub. No need for buyers to see plants growing out of the gutters. While cleaning, check for leaking joints. If you find any, apply some waterproof caulking.
- WINDOWS – Wash them inside and out and remove any heavy drapes – let the light in.
- DOORS – Does your front door blend with the brick/siding/wood – If yes, pick a colour that makes your house stand out. Add new hardware. Make it a WOW!
- FRONT DOOR LIGHT FIXTURE – If it’s still the old light fixture that was there when you purchased your home – it’s time to change it. If it’s newer, dust and wash it.
- MAILBOX – Your mailbox should be clean, painted or changed.
- BACK AND SIDE YARDS – Walk around your house and trim shrubs, cutback plants, clean-up remember that buyers will be walking around the house and you DO want them to be impressed.