As a New Hampshire Home Stager I check the local listings on a regular basis and it's beyond me how there can still be so many horrible MLS photos online.
Whether it's laziness or ignorance, one thing is for sure...it's unprofessional and it's not in the best interest of the sellers.
Victoria and Marshall Henderson are exclusive buyer agents in Maryland and have put together a great list of what they are looking for when representing their buyers.
This is what not trying at all looks like...
Every morning, I go through new homes for sale on the Multiple Listing Service. I'm not surprised to see dark or fuzzy photos, but this morning I saw a picture of a front door-
Seriously?! Couldn't take the time to click rotate on the picture?!
Don't worry, these aren't the pictures from the MLS-it's my door.
If you are listing a property for sale, pay a professional photographer or at least take the time to edit the pictures. The seller has put their trust in you and expects you to properly represent their home.
Here's what I am looking for as an exclusive buyer agent-a Realtor who only works for home buyers.
- Clear pictures of every room in the home for sale
- Bedrooms and bathroom pictures are identified as the master bedroom, bedroom 1, bedroom 2 etc and bathroom pictures indicate if they are upstairs, downstairs & full or half
- Floorplans are wonderful! Punch Home Design Software is a do-it-yourself website for real estate agents to create their own floor plans
- Show the curb appeal! Clear pictures of the front, side and backyard are essential. If a listing agent hasn't provided these pictures, use Google Maps. Google has a little person icon you can drag onto the map to get a street view of a house. The 2-D and 3-D features are fun to use too.
- Was the house on well & septic in the past? In the Greater Washington D.C. area, there are homes that used to be on well & septic but are now on public utilities. The more information you can provide a potential home buyer, the faster you will sell your house.
- Stage the rooms in your house. Sharon Tara wrote an excellent blog about her favorite home staging project. Check it out to see her before & after pictures. They are proof positive that staging really works.
- Make it easy for home buyers to see your property. If the house is being rented, there are strict rules about gaining access for showings. However, if a home is for sale, make it as easy as possible for buyers to see it. Restricted hours and days limit the number of potential home buyers that could be seeing and loving your home.
4849 Rugby Avenue Bethesda Maryland 20814 office 301.657.1475 cell 301.922.1677
Victoria Henderson is Vice President & Associate Broker with Buyer's Edge, Exclusive Buyer Agent & Realtor in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Marshall Henderson is a Certified Negotiation Expert & Exclusive Buyer Agent with Buyer's Edge & Realtor in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC
Not Just a Buyer's Agent, an Exclusive Buyer's Agent. There's a Difference. Learn more at: